Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

2016 Privilege Card Terms and Conditions

Please post all questions and comments about passes here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

The Privilege Card forms part of the benefits package available to Bourne Leisure’s holiday home owners.
It gives access to all venues and facilities on the park as well as a range of discounts and savings.
By using the card, you agree to these terms and conditions so please read them carefully.

How to get a Privilege Card
You can get up to ten complimentary Privilege Cards for each owner account by completing an application form.
Applications must be made in writing.
You can add new names to your list of cardholders at any time during the season up to the maximum of ten.
Additional Cards can be purchased.
There are two Card designs – one for adults and one for children.
Each card must contain the name and photograph of the cardholder.
Your site fees and rates for the current season must be paid before your Privilege Cards are issued.
Cards can only be issued with the authorisation of the account holder and all cards remain the responsibility of the account holder.
A Card, once issued, cannot be cancelled and reissued to a different person.
A Card cannot be issued to any person who has previously been excluded from the park or facilities.

Using your Card
The Card is intended for use by the holiday home owner(s) and their friends and family whilst they are staying in your holiday home on park.
It is not intended for distribution to residents in the local area or to holiday home owners at a non-Bourne Leisure Limited park.
Each Card can only be used by the named and photographed cardholder.
If someone other than the named person on the card presents the card to obtain a discount and/or to pay at a till point, the card will be withheld.
Privilege passes cannot be issued to those who fall into the category of a private letting holiday guest, even if intended pass holder(s) is/are a family member or friend.
A private letting holiday guest would be determined by the exchange of money for use of the holiday home.
The Privilege Card is not a proof of age card.
The Card is only valid for the season applicable at the date of issue unless otherwise stated. When you leave the park and your ownership agreement ends, your Privilege Cards are cancelled and can no longer be used on any Bourne Leisure park.

Entry to park and owner facilities
The Card can be used to gain entry to the owners’ facilities at your home park only, but it can be used to gain entry to the general facilities and entertainment venues at any Haven caravan park.
It is not valid at any Butlins caravan park.
You cannot use your Card to obtain friends and family passes or to attend owner events when you are visiting another park.
When visiting another park, you can use your Card to play unlicensed cash bingo where you pay a single participation fee for the whole day.
At Devon Cliffs, Primrose Valley, Craig Tara and Presthaven we operate licensed cash bingo and you may only use your Card to play at the park where you own your holiday home.

Pre-Payment
If you wish, you can credit money to your Card at Owners’ Reception or at participating outlets. The minimum credit is £10 up to a maximum of £500.
You can then use your Card to pay for purchases at participating outlets.
The pre-payment facility is only available at your home park.
You cannot credit money to your Card or use it to pay when you are visiting another park. Cash can only be withdrawn from your Card in exceptional circumstances or when you leave the park.
You can redeem any unused balance on your Card by completing an application form at the park.
Refunds will be sent by cheque to the main account holder.
Any unused cash balance remaining on your Card at the end of the season can be transferred to your new Card for the following season.
The balance on your card will be printed on the receipt when you have used your card at a participating outlet on park.
Please ask at Owners Reception if you require a statement.

How to get your Owner discounts
You can use your Card to get 15% (5% at Thornwick) discount off purchases at participating outlets on any Bourne Leisure park by presenting your Card at the till. Exclusions apply - please see the list of excluded items below.
Your park may also have negotiated discounts for you at locations and retailers off park.
Please ask at the Owners’ Reception for further details.
You can get 50% discount when paying for Sports and Leisure activities and laundry tokens. Refunds from the return of any items and services purchased using the Card will be made at the discounted price.

Exclusions
The Privilege Card discount is not available for the following items:
- Postage stamps
- E top ups
- Cigarettes, Tobacco, E cigarettes and smokers’ requisites
- Lottery
- Bingo
- Gas bottles
- Holiday Home ownership expenses (e.g. site fees, rates, insurance, gas and electricity, repairs etc.)
- Wine club purchases
- Holiday maker passes (funworks passes)

The Privilege Card cannot be used at the following outlets:
- Kiln Park petrol station
- Health and beauty spas (unless otherwise stated)
- Third party outlets on park (unless otherwise stated)
The Privilege Card is not valid at any Butlins resort or at Warner Leisure Hotels.

Lost, stolen or damaged Cards
Bourne Leisure does not accept any responsibility for lost or stolen cards.
Please look after your Card carefully as you may lose the money on it if it is lost or stolen.
If you believe that your Card has been lost or stolen, please contact Owners’ Reception immediately so that it can be cancelled.
You will be liable for any transactions that take place before the Card is stopped and we reserve the right to charge you for a replacement Card if more than two are lost in any season. If your Card is damaged or faulty, please contact Owners’ Reception so that we can replace it.
Our liability for damaged or faulty Cards is limited to replacement of the Card and transfer of any available cash balance.

Abuse or misuse of the Card

The Privilege Card remains the property of Bourne Leisure Limited and cannot be sold to a third party.
We will not hesitate to cancel all Privilege Cards on any owner’s account if we believe that the use of any Card on their account breaches any of the Privilege Card terms and conditions. This includes:
- the sale of any Privilege Card
- using the Card for profiteering activities
- giving a Card to a private letting holiday guest
- using the Card to obtain friends and family passes (where applicable) for private letting holiday guests
- using the Card for fraudulent or unlawful purposes Abuse or misuse of the Card may result in the permanent withdrawal of all Privilege Cards on an owner’s account.

Variation of Terms
The terms and conditions of the Card, its usage and the discount level may be changed or the Card withdrawn at any time. We may request that you surrender an individual Card at any time if we have a valid reason.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bradders
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2016 Privilege Card Terms and Conditions

Post by bradders » 2 years ago

Here's hoping they stick to the rules re abuse of the card. There's still many owners who are abusing the system and using it as a means to help get bookings.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 3

*** For Presthaven Owners ****

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

You will no doubt have seen all the comments about this on the Presthaven Facebook page.

I emailed Elma our GM about this and her comments are below;
Good Morning Elma, I hope you're well.

I'm sure you are aware of the growing level of unhappiness amongst owners with the changes to the Friends & Family pass system.
I understand to some degree why the system has been changed, but by making it more restrictive you are effectively making it unusable for many owners.
Can I ask that you consider making the following amendments;
1. Allow all ADULT Privilege card holders to 'sign out' the passes not just the main account holder.
2. You increase the number available from 50 to at least 100. Last year the system allowed in excess of 200 per account so reducing it to 50 will have a significant impact on some owners.

Can I also ask if any decisions have been made yet regarding the opening times for the Beach Retreat? Will entry still be restricted to Privilege card holders only or will 'Friends & Family' pass holders also be allowed in?

I am hoping to call on park on 20th Feb and look forward to saying "Hello" if you'll be there.

Thanks again for all the good work you're doing on our park and I'm looking forward to seeing all the changes for the new season.

Regards

Keith
Haven Owners Forum
Hi there Keith, nice to hear from you, I hope you and the your family are well ?

Yes, I am aware that a number of owners have been expressing concern around the privilege passes for 2016. On many of these occasions concern has been raised as people have been listening to other owners, and getting themselves engaged in social media streams not endorsed by Bourne Leisure. As always, a conversation with the park team is always better and having had a number of conversations with owners yesterday and today, proves this to be the case.

We communicated the change to the allocation of day passes back in November 2015. We changed the day pass situation as it was being abused to the extreme. On one 2 week period alone we gave out 5,000 day passes! We needed to put better control measures in place, as this was being detrimental to owners enjoyment of the facilities from a capacity point of view, which is a common issue when our owners cannot get seats in the complex or get into the pool facilities. Also, the previous system was not fair. Our owners pay a large sum of money to be here, and part of this is having privilege passes. If local people and previous owners or private letting guests are having passes then this is not fair to our loyal owners who in good faith look to us to protect and enhance their owners privileges and experiences.

You know I am always happy to listen to feedback, so with that in mind yes we will say any adult privilege card holder can sign in a guest, and rather than 50 passes for 48 hours, it can be 100 day passes.

Will chat to you when you are here about the opening times of the Beach Retreat, so be sure to call in when you are here.

Kind regards
Elma
Hi Elma

Thanks for the quick and positive reply.

I may not have made the point about the quantity of passes as clear as I thought I had; I actually asked if you would consider 100 48 hour passes rather than 50.

I hope to see you on the 20th

Regards

Keith
Haven Owners Forum
Hi Keith, for the absolute vast majority of our owners 100 family and friend day passes for a period of 244 days is more than adequate. To increase would give all owners the ability to have an extra person in addition to their privilege card holder for almost every day that we are open.

In many instances the people that are unhappy with 100 day passes, are the ones who were abusing the system and this is what we are trying to tackle.

The last think I want to do is to make myself unpopular, so these decisions are not taken lightly – as always we are trying to do the right thing for our owners.

Kind regards
Elma
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve&Liz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Steve&Liz » 2 years ago

Wow 5,000 days passes over 2 weeks is a lot I certainly understand the problem although I am sure most of those people will be spending money in the complex, but it is as always the few that spoil it for the many we signed for only 2 day passes for all of 2015.
But it would of hurt us badly this season if only the account holders can sign and I feel that it would of really spoiled our enjoyment and gone against what we were told when we bought the van if our friends and family could not sign for their friends when using our holiday home.

I believe 100 day passes per van is fair considering the problem of 1000's of unplanned for extra guests cause everybody
Steve & Liz
The kettle, Tassimo, Moka pot is always on at F37

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by springhay » 2 years ago

2500 passes a week??!! Maybe this is why our park has done away with physical passes completely. I just cant see how this figure was reached??

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mevennais
Power Member
Power Member

Post by mevennais » 2 years ago

springhay wrote:2500 passes a week??!! Maybe this is why our park has done away with physical passes completely. I just cant see how this figure was reached??
Trouble now is there is no check on how many extra guests are on park. If all privilege card holders can accompany 6 guests without needing passes what is to stop that holder going into Funworks with 6 people, leaving them in there and coming out to collect another 6?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Why would you ??!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tez & Shaz
5* Member
5* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tez & Shaz » 2 years ago

A large problem that I heard about last year was owners having their 10 passes for their family and then giving them to paying guests who looked the most like the person in the picture so security need to check the pictures better.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

I haven't got a hundred friends!! :frown:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tez & Shaz
5* Member
5* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tez & Shaz » 2 years ago

Its not about how many friends you have i have two caravans and to give my immediate family a pass each and a couple of friends who i let use my caravan theres 16 passes gone, and i am at the moment working out how many day passes i will need just for the dates i know my friends and family are using my vans and for one weekend my niece who will have a pass and her 2 kids and a partner will need 3 passes Friday, 3 Saturday, 3 Sunday, 3 Monday = 12 thats for one weekend, I have a nephew, brother and a niece who are having a week in summer holidays who will have passes but they will bring 3 kids and a spouse so 4 people will use 28 day passes so thats 40 gone in a weekend and a week. I have a friend using my van for 5 days he will have a pass but he's got spouse and 2 kids so theres 15 passes. i have another mate who using it for a weekend and taking spouse and 2 friends so theres 12 passes, and he's using it for a monday to friday with his wife, theres 5 passes, my other niece is having a weekend she will have a pass plus spouse and 2 kids another 12 passes. so that is 84 day passes and the season hasn't started yet and for those that know me they will know my nieces and nephews who all have spouses and kids are forever dropping it on me to come down at the last minute so as you can see 100 days passes is not enough for me because i bought this van for all my family to use and when i let out which is why i have two vans my guests always pay for their passes.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Lloydies , Celtygirl , bradders , Steve Morgan , Lesley & Alan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Steve&Liz , johnturley , Darshy , springhay , spikematthews , Unsy , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , Lynn and Carl , Keith 2 , Duke , djpaulbritton , sovereign , Marc & Helen , mevennais , p sands , ebenu2 , MikeandJayne , Gill.K , mummybear , Whitey , mansel , TforTerry , rigor , bandb666 , louiseandgraham , Janet58 , Home From Home , allyt25 , janesone , Christine16 , CoffeeAndBaileys , HappyValley , tonychris , bonjgb , Tez & Shaz , PauldN , Sunrise , smarson73 , bottoc , woodyh24a , PK Thor , LisaHemelSupport , Rossco01 , ChrisB , Jsims , dingledong , sarahwebb , TwinMumRoch , Chrisxx , mariarose , alisonasb , Lancecarr , Brian Scotney , deano99 , Archie , jabba_wokko , Nataliedavies33 , oldnine , paulandgill , chanz4 , Wannabe Owner , bigerik777 , Julesatkilnpark , Bigoldman , Tessa51 , jillyb , Jayco8 , Al60jan , MKE , mumthetaxi , little-c , loiner1965 , Deni76 , Rockley99 , Donna_and_Neil , Annie56 , Louie76 , Sweetsballoons , Bez , DGM11 , srbagpuss , sharonperky , bobarrow , cpr0305 ,