Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Privilege pass (owner pass) mis-use

Please post all questions and comments about passes here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
fabiasimon
Super** Member
Super** Member
Posts in topic: 3

Privilege pass (owner pass) mis-use

Post by fabiasimon » 3 years ago

Hi All,

I know this topic has been discussed in detail in the past but thought I would put this out there..........

One of my friends wanted a week in our caravan during August however at the time of enquiring we was already fully booked. She ended up booking with another owner, now as I go into detail into what happened here I do not know this owner or have any interest in finding out anymore information about it although I know my friend would tell me if asked.

As part of their booking they was told that a privilege card would be included and they could sign their other guests in using that pass - Now I know myself this is wrong and I use mine for friends & families only, however I have read many arguments regarding this and can see why some owners do it even though it is against BL's terms & conditons.

On arrival to park, the owner met our friends and took them to the reception to get their pass and their temporary passes. The owner commented that he/she owned 3 caravans and had more privilege passes than they could ever use.

They then got took on a tour of the park explaining in detail what the pass entitled them too, i.e. Free kart hire, Free ''owner only'' activities and even got took into the owners lounge and told they can use this as much as they wish during their stay. Now this is the bit I find it hard to come to terms with, Owners exclusives should be exactly that and used by owners, friends & family only. We pay a lot of money to be on our parks and it annoys me a bit that a standard holiday makers can book with an owner and are given full owners access with such a detailed tour.

I managed to book the full school holidays out myself this year with most families paying £178 for passes, if more owners start doing what is mentioned above it will certainly make it more difficult to compete. It is hard enough trying to compete with Haven's prices at times.

I know this topic has been discussed before but thought I would put this out there as I have not heard any owners going to this extent before.

Thanks
Simon

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mayday
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Privilege pass (owner pass) mis-use

Post by mayday » 3 years ago

We get the chance to obtain 10 passes, we only ever get 6 and it never occurred to me to give/sell the other 4 to guests. I think this is out of order and should be stopped
Last edited by mayday on 01 Sep 2014 21:07, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith 2
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith 2 » 3 years ago

Keith can you add this to your list for the next time you meet Haven.

Thanks fir all your great work.

Regards

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rosiefcb
Power Member
Power Member

Post by rosiefcb » 3 years ago

I don't understand surely you need a proper privilege pass to enter your owners lounge? aren't they checked?.I could not get someone in my oe lounge without a privilege card....i couldn't just say i had signed them in.Same with booking events wouldn't they need to see the cards?.
Would that mean they could book oe events like parties as well?.When we attend a party we already have our tickets,the tickets have our names on and we still have to have a valid privilege card per ticket.Rosie

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Steve Morgan » 3 years ago

If the staff in our Owners lounge don't know people ALL passes are checked - One between a group wouldn't cut it. Add to that periodic checks on everyone using the facility - Known to them or not.

Sounds like this selling on of privilege passes may be quite rife? Not sure how BL can easily deal with this? I do know though that I for one find this flagrant abuse of the "system" more than a little annoying! :angryfire:

Even aside from the fact that we pay a great deal of money to be Owners and the privileges we enjoy should not be abused, as Simon said those of you who let have enough trouble competing with Haven without other Owners literally "abusing their privileges" and behaving in this dishonest fashion? :censored:

IMHO anyone caught indulging in this practise should have ALL their privilege passes removed for the remainder of the current Season and all of the next! Possibly a bit draconian but I don't think so if we could all end up losing out because of the behaviour of of a few of our number? :frown:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

Keith 2 wrote:Keith can you add this to your list for the next time you meet Haven.

Thanks fir all your great work.

Regards
Already in hand :big_grin:

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=17023
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
fabiasimon
Super** Member
Super** Member

I have only been an owner since june but have never seen privilege passes checked in our lounge. Either my own or anyone elses.

I do see however that it can be annoying if you are known well in the lounge to be asked for your pass everytime and I suppose they need a blanket rule of checking everyones rather than singling people out.
To be honest I dont mind owners friends and family using lounge I just can't believe some owners go to the extent to what I have mentioned with a complete stranger just to get the upper hand on a booking.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Celtygirl
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Celtygirl » 3 years ago

We have no owners lounge (long promised, but never delivered), but on entering our complex I always show my pass even though all security know me, out of courtesy so that they can't get criticised for doing their jobs properly.
C x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith 2
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith 2 » 3 years ago

Same here. We always show ours and join a line while others look for theirs. It is only right we do so that people do not try and get in without paying for passes and us as owners should set an example.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
fabiasimon
Super** Member
Super** Member

yes we do the same at the main complex on primrose valley. Security always ask even though they know us..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , maggie and rob , jasper , Christine16 , HappyValley , PN619 , Debzslann , Jsims , caisterbeach172 , Keldanhopton , dingledong , TwinMumRoch , Sanj62 , Potter8083 , markeaustin47 ,