Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Misuse of Owners facilities

Please post all questions and comments about passes here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Macarw
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Misuse of Owners facilities

Post by Macarw » 3 years ago

I've just seen this on the TP facebook page.
Thorpe Park Owners

Following the large volume of feedback we received about people without Privilege Card holders entering the lounge we introduced greater controls for the 6 weeks holidays. We have also so far printed over 2000 new cards this summer for owners, their friends & family and we are unable to recognise all of these new faces. We have therefore taken a blanket approach to check all cards on entrance to the lounge during peak times to ensure that all owners are treated the same. This also ensures that the changing facilities, showers, lockers, chairs and coffee cups are not being used by non Privilege Card holders but their rightful owners.

If Privilege Cards are used by any other person than the card holder they will be taken off that person and logged on the owners account. Should it happen twice all 10 Privilege Cards will be deactivated for the rest of the season.

Please remember that if you do have friends and family members who do not have a Privilege Card, they can still have access to our holidaymaker facilities by being signed in by an adult Privilege Card at the front door of the arcade. As long as the card holder remains with them (a maximum of 5 guests) and the guests do not use the owner only facilities/events or gamble they can enjoy the complex free of charge.

I wonder whether this will be rolled out to all the parks.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mansel
Super** Member
Super** Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Misuse of Owners facilities

Post by mansel » 3 years ago

It has been rolled out to Thorpe Park.

Some Owners are complaining because they are denied access when they have forgotten their passes. I hope that TP persevere with this approach.

You could ask why this doesn't happen all the time?

Mansel

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rosiefcb
Power Member
Power Member

Post by rosiefcb » 3 years ago

Hi Adele,this does seem a little harsh maybe but you wouldn't believe how many people have been turned away,i have just come back from a 2 week holiday there.
Yes i know anyone can forget their card but i think a lot of people have been trying to use the facilities or owners wanting to take in family and friends who don't have an owners card....they could have just used the holiday makers side to swim.
Everyone has been asked to show their card even if the members of staff know you...which some owners are saying is being unreasonable but if they don't ask everyone even when they know you well i think to other owners it would look like favouritism.
You need your card to access the owners door in reception but with it being so hot the owners lounge door has been open.
I don't know how strict other sites are at checking cards?.
It does say your card should be carried at all times and i can't really see a problem.Rosie

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mummybear
Power Member
Power Member

Post by mummybear » 3 years ago

At Combe Haven our only owners only facility is the Gym/Spa and Privilege Pass holders only is enforced.

I agree that the owners only rule should be strictly enforced for owners only facilities.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Macarw
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Macarw » 3 years ago

Seems like a good idea to me Rosie, quite often there were no available seats in the owner's lounge on TP - which is fair enough if the lounge is filled with genuine owners, but if not then it's annoying to go in for a drink and a sit down and not to be able to find a seat.

Maybe it shouldn't only be enforced for the 6 weeks of summer but for the whole season.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith 2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Keith 2 » 3 years ago

Great idea I wish they would do it all parks. I was at the bar at our site and saw somebody with a pass who I did not know and started talking to them.

It appeared they were a holiday maker who had bought a pass when renting.

Seems it is a widespread issue than I first thought.

Makes me consider I am getting value for money!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mummybear
Power Member
Power Member

Post by mummybear » 3 years ago

Perhaps there needs to be a limit of how many extra Priv passes owners can purchase in addition to their free 10.

I try not to get involved in what other owners do with their Priv passes. However, it seems that there are more owners than I thought who are selling a Priv pass to all their private guests. In my opinion this is pushing the terms & conditions too far and in the long run could spoil things for the rest of us. :rant:

I only allocate Priv passes to geniune friends & family. Some of my returning guests have become friends. My full paying private guests (holiday makers) purchase Funworks passes. I would never sell a priv pass to somebody I didn't know as part of their holiday. :nono:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 3 years ago

I dont think it would spoil things for the rest of us. That owner would simply have their card taken away from them....spoiling it for just themselves. I think people are under the impression that a Priv card allows them to bring along a group of friends into owner facilities and unless challenged, it will continue. Every single person needs a Priv Card....not just the one 'friend/relative of owner'.

I saw this recently where the link to the owner was so diluted it was ridiculous.....eventually a group of around 12 with just one priv card? A carefully worded notice that everyone needs to be a card holder should be placed on all entrances. But dont forget, Bourne see every friend of an owner as a potential owner, so wont want to offend anyone......There again, when does a park reach saturation point??

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle

Post by yorkshirebelle » 3 years ago

In our owners lounge Privilege cards are checked if the bar person does not recognise the owner & off course card has to be swiped if you make a purchase.
This said our Owners Bar Lounge is situated at the back of check in & guests are allowed to enter & use the Toilet often leaving it in a mess :dontknow:
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bx56san
Super* Member
Super* Member

Post by bx56san » 3 years ago

Privilege cards should be checked all season. Quite often we come straight back out of the owners lounge as there isn't anywhere to sit. All this money we pay for these privileges.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , Mark10 , Commander007 , supersel , sco_ttie2002 , LisaHemelSupport , Jsims , suzylillie 14 , chanz4 , Jennieccles , srbagpuss ,