Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Payment for Funworks Passes

Please post all questions and comments about passes here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
yorkshirebelle
Posts in topic: 1

Payment for Funworks Passes

Post by yorkshirebelle » 3 years ago

Just a thought
When renting privately the cost of Funworks Passes puts a great strain on getting bookings. You can't offer passes in with the price as that could potentially cost you more than you are charging. :rolleyes:
Haven include up to 8 passes in their prices....sometimes the price is lower than the cost of passes.
ie...a week on touring £40 including passes :angryfire:
Many Private Guests on finding the price of passes decide they don't want them & the parks lose money in the bars, arcades, food courts. Seems a False Sense of economy :dontknow:

The Point of all this being WHY can't owners buy passes at a nominal rate. Making everyone happy...Owners get guests, Guests get Passes, Haven get extra revenue in complex... :dance:
Happy Bunnies all round.
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mayday
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Payment for Funworks Passes

Post by mayday » 3 years ago

I think their idea is to make it difficult for us to rent our vans because of the extra pass costs, thinking guests will book through Haven because passes are included. You are right, if our guests think passes aren't good value for money they will eat, drink and be entertained off site like a lot of mine do.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mummybear
Power Member
Power Member

Post by mummybear » 3 years ago

Although my park is supportive of private subletting, ultimately they want owners to sublet through them.
I really can't see them reducing the cost of passes to make it easier to compete with booking direct.
If they did, they might find a big decrease in direct bookings in favour of private.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Steve Morgan » 3 years ago

Am I missing something here? If so please excuse my ignorance.

On DC there are some 2000 units of which probably less than 200 are Haven owned Hire fleet. If ALL non-Haven owned rental vans were hired out by just the Owners or other agents (HUGE "if" I know but there are other MAJOR booking agents on Park other than Haven themselves) and the cost of passes actually stopped people booking other than through Haven - What then? Only around 10% Park occupancy in peak apart from long stay owners who aren't free spenders in the arcades etc. most of the time anyway? That'd make rather a mess of their margins and forecasts?

Extreme I know and wont ever happen - But surely there must be some kind of amicable compromise?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MrsMop
Power Member
Power Member

Post by MrsMop » 3 years ago

There are capped prices for the funWorks passes at Doniford Bay, and it's looks like a general form, think it may not apply to DC or some of the bigger sites, get a form from reception, for a 2 bed caravan the top capped price to pay is £100.50 and that will include up to 6 people for 7 nights.
for a 3 bed caravan, which could have 8 people the cap is for £128.00 it's not a huge saving if it's mainly children, but if there was 4 adults and 2 children in the 2 bed the saving can be about £33 in total, this is at peak rate. Also notice on this form that if the passes are bought less than 7 days prior to the holiday they have to pay an extra £1 per person! I often say I will include two children in the cost of letting and I pay the £13.75 for each child.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

There is a very similar thread to this here - http://www.havenownersforum.co.uk/viewt ... 34&t=17194
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , rigor , holiday , supersel , Tabcard57 , caisterbeach172 , Nataliedavies33 , chanz4 , Battytroll ,

Return to “Funworks & Owners Passes (Privilege Cards)”