Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Privilege Cards and Funworks Passes Review

Please post all questions and comments about passes here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 4

Privilege Cards and Funworks Passes Review

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

A few weeks ago I submitted a 6 page document to Hemel listing recommended changes to the way these operate and are issued. I took into consideration all comments made by forum members.

Today I have had an unexpected meeting with Samantha Mitchell (Director of Owner Services) who was visiting Presthaven. She took time out of her day to speak to me and we discussed my recommendations in detail. I was able to make her aware of many of the inconstancies and problems with the current system. I am pleased to say that she has agreed to take my suggestions forward and I am confident that next season we will have a much better system which will benefit us all and especially owners who sublet and owners who are foster carers or part of a charity.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Poodledoodledandy
3* Member
3* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Privilege Cards and Funworks Passes Review

Post by Poodledoodledandy » 3 years ago

Hi Keith

What a stroke of luck. Could we see a summary of the recommendations made please?

X

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

[align=center]A very brief summary[/align]

Funworks Passes
1. Change the age requirement for Adult passes from 14 to 18 (The age of 14 requirement is a historical point arising from when parks (i.e. The old Butlins parks) offered catering and it children from 14 upwards would require adult sized meals).
2. Show ACTUAL dates for Peak & Off Peak on application forms (NOT just say "School & Bank Holidays").
3. The ability to order & pay for these on-line using the new web site.
4. Clarification of what charge will apply if a holiday crosses from 'Off Peak' to 'Peak' or vice versa. i.e. the price at the START of the holiday will apply to the whole holiday.

Family & Friends Passes
1. Each Family/Friend to have THEIR OWN pass (i.e. revert back to the old system)
2. ANY adult privilege card hold to be able to get Family/Friends passes NOT just the account holder.
3. No requirement for a Privilege Card to be present when a Family/Friend uses park facilities

Privilege Cards
1. Change the Age requirement for Adult passes.
2. Allow Child Pass holders to add funds to their own cards.
3. Allow Charities and Foster carers etc. to be able to change passes when is a change in their families/groups

Overall
Rewording of the T&C's to CLARIFY what you CAN or CAN NOT do as a card holder (Privilege and Family & Friends cards). This will mean that every owner and every park member who bothers to read the T&C's will KNOW the rules.

This is a very brief summary and all these points (and more) were discussed in detail. It will not be possible to make all these changes this season, but they should be in place by the start of next season.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Poodledoodledandy
3* Member
3* Member

Post by Poodledoodledandy » 3 years ago

Keith wrote:
Family & Friends Passes
1. Each Family/Friend to have THEIR OWN pass (i.e. revert back to the old system)
2. ANY adult privilege card hold to be able to get Family/Friends passes NOT just the account holder.
3. No requirement for a Privilege Card to be present when a Family/Friend uses park facilities

And for the number of family/ friends passes per account to remain at 6, plus issues for 7 night stays as well as 3/4 days?

Oh, I don't think the problem is necessarily with owners either, I think that staff need the correct level of training so everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Yes, a maximum of 6 passes at any one time. The passes valid for the length of the stay, but I recommend they are renewed after 7 days.
Keith

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 3 years ago

Here we go again.....didnt think there was much to be said on this one either...Sounded so simple to begin with.....six passes etc., etc., But it isnt owners' faults that not all parks followed suit 'individual GM's decision'....And yet they have the cheek to make such a judgemental comment, underlined no less!!! "Owners who "bother to read the T&C's". What a cheek!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

That was my comment not BL's. You only have to look at how many posts there are on here and on FB asking if they can do this or that with their cards, when it is clearly stated in the T&C's.

The document I submitted to BL included an amended set of T&C's to try and make them clearer and easier to read.
Keith

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 3 years ago

Sorry !!!! And this would look like a really pathetic turnaround but in that case I agree! Not about cards specifically because it has been a movable feast to be fair..Not all parks allowed other visitors with a card, some parks did, some prks wanted main card holder to be present, other didnt, some parks allowed access with a card, others didnt.....

And I think many things were changed without being reflected in the terms and conditions. But in general the same questions are asked repeatedly (especially on Facebook) - and I do sometimes wonder myself, does anyone read the Park Info which all new owners receive, and are specific to their park. I think its just easier to ask, but then the confusion arises when people all have different answers because their parks are run differently.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

johnturley
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by johnturley » 3 years ago

The age when the adult rate for passes became payable used to be 18, but this was reduced to 15 some years ago. I have always assumed when they say the age for child passes is 4 to 14, that the adult rate does not kick in until 15, and Haven have never queried the amount I have submitted for Funworks Passes for my guests, which have included 14 year olds on a number of occasions.

John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , rigor , woodyh24a , AnthF ,