Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Privilege Passes Problems Owner or Card Holder

Please post all questions and comments about passes here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
nattie3
4* Member
4* Member
Posts in topic: 3

Privilege Passes Problems Owner or Card Holder

Post by nattie3 » 4 years ago

HI All,

For those that are also on the FB forum you will know that i have been having problems with Perran Sands regarding the rules on who can sign family/friends in whether it can be any privilege pass holder or the Owner and sorry to Pat for all the threads and moans that may arise from this topic but i said i would post for people that didnt have FB accounts.
Also i have no problem with any of the staff that dealt with me last week over this, but it did make me quite upset as i thought after all of the discussions on here and on FB that i understood the rules clearly!

Firstly i had friends in my caravan the weekend ( May Day Bank Hol) that i have known for over 10 yrs ( said that they would have it at short notice as i could not use it only charged her the clean, bit for electric & Gas), i said that i would give my firend a privilege pass so she could then sign the rest of her group ( husband + 2 Children) in for the 3 night stay Fri-Mon, as it seemed stupid her buying passes for just the 3 nights as 1 of her children is 15 so it would have been 3 adult passes and 1 child ( £120) more than she paid me for the use of the caravan.

I emailed our OEM at the site to check if this was ok as i had never signed anyone in before all the time i have been there and quoted the response that Madi had put on this Forum which arose from the meeting that Keith had with Hemel in March.

To cut it short i received 2 different emails back saying that firstly i could only sign in 1 guest per day and would need to go back and re sign them in and the new system woul dnot be in place until Summer, second email ( after i argued that it was agreed by Hemel that each privilege card holder could sign 6 guests in for the duration of the stay in March and i copied and posted the message on the forum and also said that other Haven parks were already doing the 6 guests per privilege pass rule) i was then told that yes i could sign in 6 guests but again it was me that had to sign them in, this discussion was over a period of 2 weeks so i copied the whole response from Madi including who the meeting was held with in Hemel & Date i then received my third email on Friday whilst my guests were already traveling down.( copied and pasted the rest of the discussion WORD FOR WORD!)

From Perran Sands OEM
June Donnery, Perran Sands General Manager has spoken to Sam Mitchell and she has confirmed that the sign in procedure is down to the park as every park is different. Therefore we feel the best way for us to sign guests in is the way already we have already outlined in which is the owner must be present.

I contacted Madi and Explained ( whilst she was on Annual leave so sorry Madi!) Madi's Response

Hi Natalie

Apologies for the delayed response, I'm actually on annual leave today so I haven't picked up your message on the forum.

The information I posted on 22 March is correct:

"Q: This is an issue across owners on lots of parks because of the different systems in place – why isn’t there consistency across all parks?
A: Guidelines were put in place a few years ago but over the years these have evolved slightly and now there are lots of different ways that parks look after this. To make things simple the below is now in place and has been communicated to parks:
· Every owner can sign in 6 guests for the duration the guest is staying with the owner
· There isn’t a limit to the number of times the scheme can be used in each season
· The will be no charges made for signing in genuine friends and family
· The detail of whether the owner has to be present whilst obtaining the friends and family passes and also whether the owner needs to be present when the guests enter the facilities has been left down to each individual park to determine

Not all parks issue passes but friends and family are still able to access to facilities so long as there’s a Privilege Card holder present."

Sam is the director of Owner Services and has worked with our park General Managers to try and simplify the friends and family pass system so that it's a little more aligned across our parks. As each of our parks are all different sizes and some struggle with venue space etc it's the park's decision whether the lead owner has to be there when the Privilege Card holder signs in guests or not. Some parks are able for any Privilege Card holder to sign in guests (as you've seen on the forum) but on other parks the lead owner needs to be present.

Sorry for any confusion caused due to the questions/responses that followed the initial message, I've cc'd in Claire as the fine details of the scheme is decided by each park individually.

Best wishes,

Madi Woodstock
Social Media Manager

My Response back to Madi

On 2 May 2014, at 13:32, "natalie dale" <nattiedale@hotmail.co.uk<mailto:nattiedale@hotmail.co.uk>> wrote:

Thank you Madi and sorry to contact you on anual leave.

It still doesn't clear up inconsistancy accross all parks, we are all owners and it doesn't seem fair that some parks will allow any privilege pass holder to sign people in when others only the owner.

I cannot be down there this weekend and i have explained that it is my 40th and i am going to Scotland for the weekend and am not using the caravan so i have let my friends use it on the understanding hat they could sign the rest of their family in.

I did not know parks had the choice i thought it was accross the board as in most large organisations, it would be like saying 1 department at my work could operate in a totaly different way to the rest of the place just because they wanted to.

I though i was doing the right thing, it has now really upset me the thought of my friends being told that they will have to pay for the passes when they get down there.
I live 300 miles away from our site and it seems silly that i would need to do a 600 mile round trip just to sign genuine friends in

Madi's Response

Hi Natalie,

I'm really sorry to hear that, I'll definitely pass your feedback on to Sam and the team. We operate as a support centre for our parks as they are all run individually to an extent so it wouldn't be possible for them to all use exactly the same procedures for everything. I wish there was something more I could do to help :-(

Best wishes,
Madi Woodstock
Social Media Manager

So to me the meeting was a waste of time, the discussion to clarify if it is a pass holder or owner was a waste of time.
I paid for all passes out of my own pocket in the end as i had seriously had enough!!
And just out of curiosity what parks are following the "ADVISED" scheme?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Privilege Passes Problems Owner or Card Holder

Post by Steve Morgan » 4 years ago

Sorry to hear of your problems Nattie - Sorry but sadly not surprised.

Seems to me they hand the Parks a metaphorical "piece of string" from Hemel and allow them then to cut it to whatever length they like? :confused: This whilst taking a couple of sharp steps backward and denying any responsibility for the ensuing chaos! :censored:

Wish I had a pound for every instance of discrepancies between Parks, rules and how they interpret them. I wouldn't have to worry about where the inevitable Site fee increase next year was supposed to come from! :sad:

I'll see if I can find out how DC interpret this one?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
nattie3
4* Member
4* Member

Steve i can smile about it now sort of, but as i said to Maddi there is no way i can do a 600mile round trip just to sign someone in, where other owners can drive down the road if needed, not fair at all! ( no offence to any owners By the Way)
BL or Haven are always on a win win situation!
Owners are just people who make them profit and pay their wages

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

billywhizz1964
1* Member
1* Member

Post by billywhizz1964 » 4 years ago

So just to clarify one point for my own sanity, if I choose to allow a family of up to 6 people access to the park all I have to do is sign them in and they will be issued passes?

If this is correct then what do I need the additional PC's for as I could do this all season long?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 4 years ago

Read the response from Maddie......."they are all run individually".......so the 'across the board policy' was not what it seemed. So near and yet so far......like a million miles!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mummybear
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mummybear » 4 years ago

Combe Haven are following the new rules to the letter.
Any Privilege card holder can sign up to 6 guests in for the duration of their stay.
Maximum of 6 per van at any one time.
My friends & family have had no problems doing this so far.
The Privilege card holder must have the guests with them in the office during the signing in.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

janesone
3* Member
3* Member

Post by janesone » 4 years ago

Its unfair that parks are allowed to interpret the rules to suit themselves. When we purchased our van on PS we were told that only owners i.e. me and hubby could sign in up to 3 guests each. Fair enough I thought at the time but having found out that other parks will allow any card holder to sign in up to SIX people makes me a little angry. It should be the same for all of us whatever park we're on. I have had to allocate 6 cards to my sons family alone, I need 4 for my daughter and her family but I only have 2 left after me and hubby have ours. We can't always holiday together so one of us will have to fork out for passes at some point (usually us lol) Like I said tho its the inconsistency between the parks that really annoys me, why should I have to payout more money just so ALL my grandchildren can have a holiday and someone on another Haven park doesn't.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
nattie3
4* Member
4* Member

mummybear wrote:Combe Haven are following the new rules to the letter.
Any Privilege card holder can sign up to 6 guests in for the duration of their stay.
Maximum of 6 per van at any one time.
My friends & family have had no problems doing this so far.
The Privilege card holder must have the guests with them in the office during the signing in.
Mummybear i am really interested to know how many parks are doing this as according to PS there are none!! they said they did a ring around to GM's on Friday!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mummybear
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mummybear » 4 years ago

This is what was announced on our Facebook page and OE website:

"This year we challenged the amount of family and friends passes you can receive when signing people in at the office throughout the season with your Privilege card. The conclusion is 6 and we believe this is a more appropriate number.

As long as you are a Privilege card owner and over the age of 18 and present with your guests to sign them in, you may have up to 6 family and friends passes - You can have them on a 3/4 day basis."

I emailed them to check what they meant by owner. I got this email back.

"Hi Mandy,
No need to worry, anyone issued with a privilege card can sign in up to 6 guests (only requirement is that they must be present and they must be 18+)
Hope this helps,
Regards....*

I have had issued Priv passes to friends and they have had no trouble signing in the rest of their family in for free. One was there for the whole week and there were six of them altogether.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Unsy
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Unsy » 4 years ago

At Kiln Park the rules are different - any owners pass holder (adult or child) can sign in 1 person. That was confirmed 2 weeks ago. Actually worked in our favour as my 12 year-old took her friend and could sign her in.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , Chelsie02 , morris-family , Julesatkilnpark ,