Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Questions for My Visit to Hemel on 26th March

Please subscribe to this forum so you are informed of all new messages.

Moderator: Keith

thewarboys
4* Member
4* Member
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Questions for My Visit to Hemel on 26th March

Post by thewarboys » 3 years ago

True point so perhaps they should charge everyone then :big_grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 15

Post by springhay » 3 years ago

I might be sticking my neck out here, but as ever, people can agree or disagree. But Im not entirely in agreement with question 14 which I must hve missed yesterday.

For me, the closed season is the closed season. Once my van is made safe, drained down, I dont see it again until March. I think its unrealistic to ask about owners having more things to do. The cost of staffing, and running a venue is bound to come back on ownrs anyway -- but swimming pools is totally unrealistic. They too will have had their heating system drained down or winterised? The cost of taking extremely cold water to to body temp is extremely high. I think the sales dept. offering a few weeken activities just before we officially open in March, is as much as we will see.

I just think we might be seen to lose credibility?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bradders
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bradders » 3 years ago

I'm with Springhay on this. We pay for the season and I don't expect anything to be open from close down to open up. Sure, they have sales events dressed up as "Come and have a drink/lunch/whatever" event during Feb. If they open many things up there'll be a lot of costs associated with that, and we all know who'll be paying ;-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith 2
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith 2 » 3 years ago

Thanks Keith and if you get 25% of these answered I will be amazed. They all look like fuel credit decisions!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

chrisandwendy
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chrisandwendy » 3 years ago

Hi Keith question 15 could this be widened to owners events times and days in general.
owners swim is too early when your on holiday relaxing.Let the public in 9 till 11 then owners swim 11 till 12 and let the public watch us "lucky" owners.
the welcome back breakfast was 9am monday.we have a Friday night games tournament 6pm.How can working families with children at school ever get to these events / activities.

Also I strongly belive the owners website should be the main source of all information regarding our parks.Hopefully now in its new format it will be updated frequently and hopefully parks can do this direct now instead of having to go through Hemel.use Facebook Twitter email letters but make sure the owners site is done as a priority

Thanks keith

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

It does cover all you have mentioned. I put 'Owner's Swim etc' to save having to list all events. :big_grin:
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Hi Chris and Wendy - just about the owners Website.....someone asked me if the Leeds Rugby Match was on our Lakeside venue. I looked on events, news, your park, sport and leisure......didnt even know where to begin to look for it......anyway I couldnt find it. Turns out Lakeside isnt even open (closes at 2pm?) But for future use Im not even sure what's listed on the new website.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

thewarboys
4* Member
4* Member
Posts in topic: 8

Post by thewarboys » 3 years ago

Sadly i wouldnt expect the website to cover if a certain sports game is being shown in a bar. Would be nice if it said the bar was open though.

Website events are more like arcade happy hour, pool parties, owners party tickets and announcement of "big name" entertainment.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tj123
8* Member
8* Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tj123 » 3 years ago

springhay wrote:I might be sticking my neck out here, but as ever, people can agree or disagree. But Im not entirely in agreement with question 14 which I must hve missed yesterday.

For me, the closed season is the closed season. Once my van is made safe, drained down, I dont see it again until March. I think its unrealistic to ask about owners having more things to do. The cost of staffing, and running a venue is bound to come back on ownrs anyway -- but swimming pools is totally unrealistic. They too will have had their heating system drained down or winterised? The cost of taking extremely cold water to to body temp is extremely high. I think the sales dept. offering a few weeken activities just before we officially open in March, is as much as we will see.

I just think we might be seen to lose credibility?

I totally agree we could loose face with a couple of these questions. Whilst this comment is great and Keith's work is very much appreciates let's remember this forum is the voice of a minority and granted anyone is welcome to join and comment but it is a minority and BL should always consider the wider group.

The one that will really show us is a ridiculous light is

7. Paper bills before it hits the account? Really where are we 1975? The system is live! It will show when it is applied. IT then takes time to print and post. I for one think BL should be stopping paper bills and cutting the waste and cost. I appreciate some people may not have internet access but if this is a question from the forum members then the people raising it clearly do! Maybe we should be supporting BL to move forward not backwards and the suggestion should be what about making paper bills an opt in only for those who do not have on line access.

I was impressed yesterday when talking to the park about a job it was updated on the website before I went off the phone!! Great stuff BL.

Others that I personally think are a bit contentious

15. Owners Swims. How annoyed would you be if you went on holiday and you couldn't use the pool at a peak time as it was owners only? Where facilities are general and not owners exclusive I think the fact they open early or close late to allow it to be used by owners only is just fine.

20. Name badges? Really rather trivial I think? They wear badges similar to any other brand. If you want to know someone's name how about engaging with them and asking. I have never met a Haven team member who wouldn't only be to pleased to have a chat with you.

I know what I would say to these if I was BL!!!

I know this may be controversail to some but it is my opionion which is as valid as the person raising the question.

There are some really valid points on the list and again Keith thank you for giving up your time to do all this however let's be a little careful shall we.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Just to elaborate....I remember the paper billing argument but cant remember what it was about....I dont think it was literally paper, as much as being forewarned before funds were deducted. So Im sure online forewarning would do as well, so that everyone remains happy? BL (like tax, phones, utilities) are embracing online so we might as well go with it.

Yes I had a webste bill almost immediately - shame about the other park news, events, etc., not being so speedy.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Mr C , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , mevennais , p sands , mummybear , dotty , caztek , MadiHemelSupport , MrsMop , Redrose , bandb666 , jasper , DJMICHAEL , billywhizz1964 , janesone , HappyValley , bonjgb , PauldN , eebs , christinaPRESTHAVEN , benjibobs , morris-family , Tissen , DJ59 , Jsims , Linda01763 , Mart and Lyn , bwfc , peggy123 ,

Return to “Messages From Admin”