Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Changes to the forum Software

Please subscribe to this forum so you are informed of all new messages.

Moderator: Keith

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Changes to the forum Software

Post by springhay » 3 years ago

I have only just, last week changed my password for the first time. Ive also had to log in many times since making this change. I wouldnt mind - its not financial information so Im not that bothered for even having a password! And my list is now endless for utility comapnies, bill payments, store cars, etc.,etc., Not just the forum, but they are becoming more complex in their demands for security reasons, and its impossible to remember any without looking them up. Think I might need to look into one of those password managers.....Even sillier, security wise, many of mine are kept on my phone so I have to do a written copy on paper in case I lose the phone!! Sorry to drift off topic everyone!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mevennais
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mevennais » 3 years ago

You might want to read this Pat
http://techtalk.pcpitstop.com/2015/06/1 ... ?lastpass=

Hmmmm - thanks for that. Maybe I'll try roboform then? Wouldnt mind, it was the utility companies, banks, insurance firms, etc., who encouraged everyone to go online, cutting jobs into the bargain. None of the savings are ever passed onto the end user - and actually, penalised if wanting to go back to paper billing....!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith 2
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith 2 » 3 years ago

Since I changed to Chrome I have not needed to continue putting the password in. Only occasionally now.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bonjgb
Power Member
Power Member

Post by bonjgb » 3 years ago

All. Mine is static. Sometimes it's only after a switch-off of my device but sometimes it's after logging off of the forum.

John b

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bonjgb
Power Member
Power Member

Post by bonjgb » 3 years ago

Hi.

Sorry I meant erratic.

John b

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

HappyValley
Power Member
Power Member

Post by HappyValley » 3 years ago

I use Last Pass, and it's great. I can have passwords as long and complex as I want, and don't have to remember any of them- except one master password which needs to be very strong indeed. It enables me to have a different password for everything, and anything that is a bit sensitive I just use a PW hint that only I know the answer to. It's absolutely impossible these days to remember every password for every site, especially when they have to include numbers, capitals etc. So what to people do- they write them down which is a far bigger risk than a good PW manager. If anyone is concerned about the recent hack at last pass, read this article by Leo Notenboom who is my oracle for all things computing.
https://askleo.com/is-lastpass-still-secure/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

johnturley wrote:At one time I only had to enter login details very infrequently maybe just a couple of times a year, recently I seem to have to enter them almost every other time I want to access the site. With the the software demanding a very long password, I have to look in up every time which I find rather inconvenient.

John
All my passwords for all websites/forums etc. are long and complex; however I only ever need to remember one :big_grin: I use RoboForm to store and memorize them all - www.roboform.com
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 3 years ago

Too funny for words.....I report on my difficulties using Roboform - keeps asking for my user id even though I am selecting, Im A New User...I then click submit at the bottom of my post and Im taken to the log in page !!! Id only been on seconds earlier with my reply to Mevennais.....some days, nothing goes right! And, I have to say, Ive checked Remember Me everytime Ive had to log in ?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

HappyValley
Power Member
Power Member

Post by HappyValley » 3 years ago

Springhay, could it be something to do with your cookie settings on your computer? Or maybe try clearing your cache? Just a thought :confused:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

HappyValley wrote:Springhay, could it be something to do with your cookie settings on your computer? Or maybe try clearing your cache? Just a thought :confused:
That is very possible.

Also do you have any security software installed that controls/deletes cookies? If you do make sure the forum is in the 'White list' of cookies to be retained.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Lloydies , bradders , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , crusaderpete , Steve&Liz , johnturley , amyamy1246 , springhay , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , Duke , Mark10 , djpaulbritton , sovereign , chrisandwendy , mevennais , p sands , lhiggonyoung , TforTerry , Koala Services , CoffeeAndBaileys , bx56san , HappyValley , bonjgb , bottoc , AnthF , Bugs ,