Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Visit to Hemel

Please subscribe to this forum so you are informed of all new messages.

Moderator: Keith

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Visit to Hemel

Post by Steve Morgan » 4 years ago

Having just got back from DC I've now had time to read this and I have to agree with the comments of others.

Just to take a couple of points.

Removing the £1 breakfast and replacing it with the more expensive one. The excuse at the time was "vastly improved ingredients" and this is now being trotted out again to justify an inflation crushing increase (even allowing for 3 years worth of inflation). How many times can you "improve your sourcing?

Discounted gas bottles is already causing discontent on our Park where many are "piped". Any sign of a discount on piped gas if Calor have dropped their prices since the lpg you pump around the Park comes from them too? Incidentally - We were charged a "deposit" on our gas bottles when we became owners? I asked for this back when we moved to piped only to be told it was only refundable when we left the Park. Sadly I wasn't so "streetwise" then - Could you explain why you have a right to keep that (£75 I believe) when it's no longer applicable?

When discussing Site fees you Talk about new owners paying more over time and "current pricing"? Can you explain please how suddenly at our Park you were (and still are) able to offer pitches at what are effectively very large discounts compared to their previous pricing bands? New developments also seem to attract VERY reduced pricings in comparison to their predecessors? Also how (it would appear) some of those fees are frozen for good? Doesn't that rather go against your comments on this subject?

Don't get me wrong - We really do appreciate your comments and feedback but some questions you have answered are only half covered or buried in "Corporate speak"?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MadiHemelSupport
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 7

Post by MadiHemelSupport » 4 years ago

trishfisher wrote:
MadiHemelSupport wrote:Accessibility

Q: Facilities on park aren’t always easily accessible by buggies or mobility scooters.
A: We’ll be in touch with the park that was specifically relating to this question but welcome your feedback and suggestions for any other parks that you feel this could or should be improved on.
Madi

Hi Madi and Keith

Thank you for taking the time to have the meeting, and to post the minutes here for us. We appreciate the work that you both do.

With that said, I now need to be a little 'picky'....and at the risk of sounding precious, I am a little concerned with the wording of the above comments. I was one who sent comments re disability access, and of course, I mentioned my own park, Blue Dolphin, but only as an 'example' for Bourne Leisure to learn from - the good things as well as the bad, because BD have a lot of excellent facilities in place for disabled owners/guests - and maybe I am reading too much into the above comment, but it rather sounds like you have taken my comments to mean that 'only' Blue Dolphin need to change things/assess things, and that is absolutely not true.

I have used other Haven parks, and been both delighted and appalled in equal measures with the individual parks 'disability policy' but I used BD as a reference point. So, I simply said, 'at BD, for instance...' - this really did not mean that I was singling BD out so that BL can then go and tell BD that I complained about their disability policy!

In fact, were I to complain - (which I havent, I only gave what I thought were practical and helpful tips for Bourne Leisure to see things from a disabled persons point of view 'across the board' - not just at one park) I probably would not start with BD because with my 'disabled persons hat' on, BD is better than many by a long way!

Now I feel that the poor management at BD have been singled out because I 'happen' to live there and 'happen' to be disabled. This was not my intention at all, and I feel guilty for voicing my opinion about the disability policy AT BOURNE LEISURE, not at Blue Dolphin, because I have now brought this down on the managers head without any such intent on my part.

Sorry, but feeling rather cross and let down on this issue.

Trish
Hi Trish,
I'm really sorry that you feel that way it wasn't our intention at all! And the wording of your info sent to Keith certainly doesn't come across that way - we're really pleased to hear that there are a lot of excellent facilities for owners and guests at Blue Dolphin :smile: As an owner at BD it seemed that was a good place for us to start, and in my message to Neil and Graham (the Operations Director who looks after our Yorkshire parks) I have included that you'd be happy to give feedback for any of our Yorkshire parks.
Sorry again that you feel let down on the response, I hope the above helps to clarify.
Madi
Madi from Hemel Support
http://www.owner-services.co.uk
http://blog.haven.com/

I work at Hemel Support on all things social media. I keep an eye on the forum everyday Monday - Friday but if I do ever miss anything please do drop me a PM and I'll do my best to help. Have a lovely day!
:sunny:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 9

Post by springhay » 4 years ago

I think the £75 gas deposit is really unjustified in not being returned! Imagine how many owners have foregone this £75 and many wont be leaving the park for years.....not a bad little earner, sitting in a Bourne Account is it? I think this should be returned immediately they take back the bottles - like all other companies. It was a Deposit on the bottles - they've now been returned. Seems perfectly clear to me!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Andy
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Blackpool Lancashire (Primrose Valley North Yorkshire)

Post by Andy » 4 years ago

I had noticed that there was no mention of it on my account this season and would also like to know what has happend to the money
Andy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Steve Morgan » 4 years ago

Exactly what made me think about it again Andy!!

Pat is dead right - They've had the bottles back, what right do they have to retain the deposit on them? In our case they've "held" that now for 10 years since we returned the bottles so I reckon they owe me a few quid interest on it?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MadiHemelSupport
Power Member
Power Member

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your replies. I've passed on the additional questions and will post back as soon as possible.
Madi
Madi from Hemel Support

I work at Hemel Support on all things social media. I keep an eye on the forum everyday Monday - Friday but if I do ever miss anything please do drop me a PM and I'll do my best to help. Have a lovely day!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

caztek
Power Member
Power Member

Post by caztek » 4 years ago

Bumping this to the first page again incase some haven't seen it :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

allyt25
3* Member
3* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allyt25 » 4 years ago

Hello i am confused now about passes etc, I am a privilege card holder as an owner so i can sign in 6 people in (my brother is coming away with us in may so dont want to get a privilege pass for him) so that means i can sign him in, so what are these friends and family passes or is it the privilege card but people re naming or can we pick up normal passes for free for people staying with us??? aaaahhhhhhhhh help :newbie: :rolleyes:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

caztek
Power Member
Power Member

Post by caztek » 4 years ago

I think there's still confusion over the passes as the owners exclusive sites haven't been updated yet

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MadiHemelSupport
Power Member
Power Member

Hi all,
Sorry for the delay, I thought I'd posted the additional answers but looking through my posts it must not have submitted properly - apologies!

• With regards to issuing friends and family passes, to clarify, by ‘every owner’ we mean Privilege Card holder so that at any one time there can be up to 6 guests per account but they don’t all have to be signed in by the owner or by the same Card holder. Allyt25, not all parks use the title of 'Friends and family' passes for this but the idea of the scheme is so that the friends and families of owners can enjoy the park facilities, without owners using up lots of Privilege Cards or having to purchase extra ones. Every owner account has 10 free Privilege Cards for themselves and any allocated friends or family they wish and these act as a pass into venues but also gives those 10 people 15% off purchases on any Bourne Leisure park, so are great for regular visitors!

• I have passed on the feedback about the outdated information on the owners website as well as the confusion over how friends and family passes work on to the communications team. They're in the process of updating any outdated information on the website as well as reaching out to every park to ask how they operate this - for example if they're called 'friends and family passes', if a Privilege Card holder has to be there to sign guests in etc so that we can communicate the message out to all owners.

• We have had a number of further questions relating to the breakfast and detailed below is the response from one of our Directors, Mark Harper – “The decision to remove the £1 breakfast has been a painful one, and I fully appreciate the disappointment that this has caused. As we have stated before, it is always our aim to offer a quality product at a fair price and the £1 breakfast simply wasn’t viable. I and the senior team all regularly review our own food offer and that of many ‘High Street’ operations and, indeed, those that are more local to the parks. I recently sampled many of our menu items during a two day visit to Burnham last week with a number of colleagues and in every instance, including breakfast, we strongly feel that we are offering quality items at a fair and competitive price. Indeed, even without the owners Privilege Card discount, I absolutely believe that the quality of the menu is the highest it has ever been and is competitively priced. I really hope that this focus on quality will over time encourage owners to eat and drink more often in our venues on park”

• Following a review of our gas bottle pricing, we felt that we were not priced competitively with other local suppliers, hence the decision was made to make the reductions announced following the negotiations with Calor. This reduction brings the cost down for owners using bottled gas making it more in line with that of metered which historically has been cheaper. The price we charge for metered gas will be reviewed as it always is prior to the point of billing later in the year

• Steve, would you be able to contact Allen at Devon Cliffs directly about the £75 deposit on gas bottles as we believe this might be the fuel deposit?

Thanks
Madi
Madi from Hemel Support

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , mansel , Mick and ivy , Linda01763 , freddie ,

Return to “Messages From Admin”