Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Visit to Hemel

Please subscribe to this forum so you are informed of all new messages.

Moderator: Keith

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Visit to Hemel

Post by springhay » 4 years ago

Caztek, I understand what you are saying but if its allowable, it cant be called unfair. This is exactly what I meant about potentially 60 people being signed in if everyone with a card is given the same priviledges as the owner.

Personally I think six per owner is fine. There has to be a stage at which people pay for their own passes surely. As said previously, if I give a friend a card, it wouldnt be so that they could invite another six friends along!!

And call me selfish but I dont want to be left standing in the owners lounge because everyone and his brothers mothers friend is in there......

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mevennais
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mevennais » 4 years ago

Perhaps if Haven reduced the extortionate price of passes people wouldn't be so reluctant to purchase them. £39/adult (14 + ) is a total rip-off.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

I suppose its go to into the complex isnt it? Wouldnt be so bad if the entertainment was top notch! I suppose if you didnt want to see anything, you could just go to the Mash...I dont think passes are needed.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mummybear
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mummybear » 4 years ago

At Combe Haven the Mash is within the main complex. Passes are needed for everything except the Spar shop and the outside play areas.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Celtygirl
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Celtygirl » 4 years ago

mummybear wrote:At Combe Haven the Mash is within the main complex. Passes are needed for everything except the Spar shop and the outside play areas.
Same at Reighton.
C x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

This is why they're included in Havens extortionte prices ...I dont know if Im going a bit odd but I still dont think its bad for kids entertainment, pools, free daily kids activities, showbars, playgrounds etc....and whatever else individual parks have to offer....I mean, nothing's for nothing these days is it?? And at least there's 15% off now!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

trishfisher
Super**** Member
Super**** Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by trishfisher » 4 years ago

MadiHemelSupport wrote:Accessibility

Q: Facilities on park aren’t always easily accessible by buggies or mobility scooters.
A: We’ll be in touch with the park that was specifically relating to this question but welcome your feedback and suggestions for any other parks that you feel this could or should be improved on.
Madi

Hi Madi and Keith

Thank you for taking the time to have the meeting, and to post the minutes here for us. We appreciate the work that you both do.

With that said, I now need to be a little 'picky'....and at the risk of sounding precious, I am a little concerned with the wording of the above comments. I was one who sent comments re disability access, and of course, I mentioned my own park, Blue Dolphin, but only as an 'example' for Bourne Leisure to learn from - the good things as well as the bad, because BD have a lot of excellent facilities in place for disabled owners/guests - and maybe I am reading too much into the above comment, but it rather sounds like you have taken my comments to mean that 'only' Blue Dolphin need to change things/assess things, and that is absolutely not true.

I have used other Haven parks, and been both delighted and appalled in equal measures with the individual parks 'disability policy' but I used BD as a reference point. So, I simply said, 'at BD, for instance...' - this really did not mean that I was singling BD out so that BL can then go and tell BD that I complained about their disability policy!

In fact, were I to complain - (which I havent, I only gave what I thought were practical and helpful tips for Bourne Leisure to see things from a disabled persons point of view 'across the board' - not just at one park) I probably would not start with BD because with my 'disabled persons hat' on, BD is better than many by a long way!

Now I feel that the poor management at BD have been singled out because I 'happen' to live there and 'happen' to be disabled. This was not my intention at all, and I feel guilty for voicing my opinion about the disability policy AT BOURNE LEISURE, not at Blue Dolphin, because I have now brought this down on the managers head without any such intent on my part.

Sorry, but feeling rather cross and let down on this issue.

Trish

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dotty
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dotty » 4 years ago

Is it me or am I not seeing anything that causes me to think yupee. Keith bless him spent his precious time going through all our points of wanting some sort of owner benefits instead of feeling like loyal cash cows to BL, to be told that we should compare the breakfast to Wetherspoons which is a joke, the ingredients are exactly the same as last year cheap sausage, bacon and beans from the local cash and carry not from local farmers with quality ingredients that Witherspoons probably do and why compare it to Witherspoons anyway it is like comparing your local snack bar to a michelin star restaurant, also nothing has been mentioned about how the site fees go up but the buying from Haven discount has stayed the same for donkeys years and why these vary from park to park, and nothing mentioned about a long time owner's loyalty reward, or is this one of the things that has yet to be discussed, I feel exactly the same after the chancellors budget maybe BL should go into politics as well as it just seems to be still take take, or is it just me that maybe expects that the shareholders should cut their cloth a bit in these credit crunch times, like I have had to I have not had a pay increase now for 4 years and probably neither have all the hardworking staff on the sites.
Rant over but after all Keith's hardwork I am disappointed

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Trish dont beat yourself up so much !!!! And dont feel guilty or afraid to point things out...But I do understand totally where you are coming from regarding BD being singled out. And yes, it does read like that.....But give yourself a break.....you sound a lovely person. I know for a fact that the lift at PV hadnt even arrived last time I was there and this certainly deserved a mention! Im sure your park will understand. Maybe a little more discretion should have been used though when presenting comments from owners. But hey - dont be afraid to complain either!! Im always doing it haha!! Nobody puts you up against a wall ....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Keith » 4 years ago

Trish, I can assure you that it was made clear that your comments were NOT a complaint about BD, in the comment was that "You seemed happy with your park" and you made some valuable points. the fact that BD is being contacted is because, as you say, you are on that park so some of you comments will apply to BD and not necessarily to others.

This is why we are looking for feedback from other parks.
My wife now uses a mobility scooter on a regular basis and when she is next on Presthaven we will reviewing our park and feeding back.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , mansel , Mick and ivy , Linda01763 , freddie ,

Return to “Messages From Admin”