Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Visit to Hemel

Please subscribe to this forum so you are informed of all new messages.

Moderator: Keith

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Visit to Hemel

Post by springhay » 4 years ago

Well I have to genuinely compliment all concerned for the sheer amount of work compiling these questions and responses. (Ive been at many business meetings, whose Agendas were nothing like this length and the 'Minutes and Outcomes' taken days to arrive!)

Apart from bottled gas, I cant say there are any outcomes which affect me either positively or negatively....But its good to see that there is now dialogue with HO, which didnt exist before.

A return of the £1 breakfast would have gone down well though!! :dance:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Unsy
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Unsy » 4 years ago

hi Madi
Firstly can I say thank-you. It's a very comprehensive and positive reply, I definitely appreciate it.
Can you clarify 'an owner can sign in up to 6 guests staying with them'. Do you mean the actual van owner or anyone with an owners privilege card? If the former, can non-owners with an owners pass sign anyone in, and is this only for adults? (thinking of when my 12 year old brings a friend down).
thanks.x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mummybear
Power Member
Power Member

Post by mummybear » 4 years ago

Unsy I checked this with my park. They told me that any over 18 Privilege card holder can sign guests in. It doesn't have to be the actual caravan owner. However, the wording in Madi's post does come accross that it has to be the owner.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Celtygirl
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Celtygirl » 4 years ago

RE Breakfasts - not a proper reply re the £1 breakfast withdrawal - and regarding Weatherspoons, I doubt anyone from BL has ever breakfasted there, no comparison with quality and price, corporate BS speak, treating us as if we're stupid, but not surprised. Thanks for trying Keith xxx
C x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 9

Post by springhay » 4 years ago

"Genuine friends and family" I think this could get very far removed, and diluted if all card holders had the same signing-in authority. ie Someone an owner gave a priviledge card to, could then sign in six of their friends...who might not necessarily be friends of the owner. I wouldnt want my card funding the cost of pass prices to potentially sixty people!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle
Posts in topic: 2

Post by yorkshirebelle » 4 years ago

To be honest all thanks to Keith :hello1:
But I have to agree that none of the questions were really answered
Celty of course that breakfast in the Mash does not compare with weatherspoons or the local cafés Lavingtons in Filey for instance same price gets you a full breakfast with toast. (Not 5 items)

Using your passes on other parks is not answered fully we are not all suddenly going to descend on one park making it impossible for owners of that park to use their own facilities...I have never been to PV or RS to use their facilities but if I am doing a swap or visiting another park miles away...Yes I would like to use them & have never had a problem doing that, in fact have been made most welcome :big_grin:

Signing in guests friends and family well yes of course this will be abused by some people looking to get extra bookings for their vans.

Good one on the gas price though....throw us a few scraps and we will be forever grateful
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Keith » 4 years ago

mummybear wrote:Unsy I checked this with my park. They told me that any over 18 Privilege card holder can sign guests in. It doesn't have to be the actual caravan owner. However, the wording in Madi's post does come accross that it has to be the owner.
This something I am trying to get changed -the wording of some of BL's Rules/Policies is open to misinterpretation. e.g. "Owner" or "Adult Pass Holder" However, we can't use "Adult Pass Holder" until the age of Adult Passes is changed to 18+ and this is something they are looking into.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

caztek
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 7

Post by caztek » 4 years ago

Thanks Madi for your report

Good news about the Wifi, I look forward to that coming to kiln park as currently it's only in the M&B :)

Privilege cards

I literally only give out 3 cards last year to friends so it's not really an issue for me except for if I have unexpected friends down for a few hrs in the evening and we want to go over to the M&b for a meal if the office is closed to pick up a note they won't be allowed in. Obviously only allowing one person in causes issues then esp as said when it's only a few hrs and a meal.

It's said though isn't it that some owners have spoilt the whole idea of the "privilege card" to cause parks to have to put some of these changes into place. Eg I know of one group who took in a group of visitors, left the building half an hr / hr later leaving the first group there and came back with another group. Totally Unfair

But back to my original question

Madi when will the new information be reflected on the owners exclusive website so we can be sure the info had been passed down to security etc that way if anyone has missed the info we will at least be able to show them the update on the site.
Last edited by caztek 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

The2McCabes
5* Member
5* Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The2McCabes » 4 years ago

our owners exclusive page says this....which still says 'only the owner' can sign guests in, so does this mean hubbys daughter who is 19 and has a priv card aswell as his mum cannot sign in guests still?? i agree with after week should buy passes thats acceptable but our immediate family who on the 10 card list should be entitled to same benefit of signing in guests incase we are not going and they want to take there own little family still, so it still not answered the 3 versions i was told about this? i was only told the other day there that 'anyone' on priv list can sign in upto 6 guests?? :banghead:

Friends and Family day passes...

We have made some changes to our Friends and Family pass system. Passes can now be signed out by the owner of the caravan and are for a week, so no more coming in everyday to renew them! These are limited to 6 passes a day and anyone staying for over a week will be asked to purchases passes.

We hope this makes having friends here easier for you; it will definitely save you some time every morning. Please remember that only the owner as listed on the account can sign guests in.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mummybear
Power Member
Power Member

Post by mummybear » 4 years ago

This needs to be clarified. It seems that parks are interpreting the term Privilege card owner differently.

I don't want to rock the boat because I happy with the way my park have interpreted it.

Email from my park when I checked
"No need to worry, anyone issued with a privilege card can sign in up to 6 guests (only requirement is that they must be present and they must be 18+)"

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , mansel , Mick and ivy , Linda01763 , freddie ,

Return to “Messages From Admin”