Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Winter visit Doniford Bay.

All posts on this forum should be specific to DONIFORD BAY. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderator: vistauk

Topic author
Bigoldman
1* Member
1* Member
Posts in topic: 4

Winter visit Doniford Bay.

Post by Bigoldman » 2 years ago

Hi there, is anyone planning to visit on Saturday 9th Jan. Looking forward to seeing the park again and maybe a few familiar faces.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bradders
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Winter visit Doniford Bay.

Post by bradders » 2 years ago

Bigoldman wrote:Hi there, is anyone planning to visit on Saturday 9th Jan. Looking forward to seeing the park again and maybe a few familiar faces.
We won't be back down until the start of March now. It's a bit too far for a day visit really, sadly :-( Let us know how the park is looking!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MrsMop
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MrsMop » 2 years ago

Same here, it's too far for just a look and leave! We will leave it until March as well.
Would be interested in finding out what if anything has been done! I thought the shop might be moved this year, but
I don't think so.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Bigoldman
1* Member
1* Member

I will let you know of any changes etc after our visit.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Macarw
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Macarw » 2 years ago

Hi All, Happy New Year!

Don't want to steal your thunder, but we popped down today, (although we drove round rather than the pleasant walk we had planned as it was pouring with rain!). We saw a few changes, the concrete steps to the beach are now in place making it much easier to get onto the beach although they are still a work in progress with the handrail needing sorting. The bridge to Doniford farm has been finished and there is an access gate from the road which heads to the site. There was also something happening on the flat area where the children play rounders, it was fenced off with heavy machinery on there, not sure what was happening, as it was raining we just had a quick glance from in the car! I have put some photos on the Doniford Bay Owners Diary page on facebook.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Bigoldman
1* Member
1* Member

I think I read somewhere that they were going to bring in a lot more rocks to bolster up the sea defences.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Bigoldman
1* Member
1* Member

Hi all, after our visit yesterday I cant really add much. The rain was pouring and all the grass areas are too wet to walk over. Had a look in the pool area, looks like they are doing some painting and decorating. The area by the outdoor pool has not changed.
The owners lounge was quiet, just a few people interested in buying were getting all the attention. It was worth going to change the salt though as that was a solid. Thats it now till March.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Macarw
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Macarw » 2 years ago

Oh no! Looks like the weather was just as bad for you as it was for us a couple of weeks ago!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , bradders , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , springhay , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , sovereign , mevennais , MrsMop , TforTerry , holiday , Christine16 , sarahward , CoffeeAndBaileys , jamiep , Static , DJ59 , LisaHemelSupport , Richj61 , Nataliedavies33 , Parrydise , Bigoldman , palmeam ,