Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Booking Availability

All posts on this forum should be specific to CAISTER. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderators: tonygardner, Briggsy

caisterman
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Booking Availability

Post by caisterman » 6 years ago

sukelly wrote:Hi All,

Newbie here :big_grin:

Our caravan is here http://www.torrerentals.co.uk/caistercaravan.html

I did once suggest a commission based referral system to some other caister owners. I was only thinking if your own van was booked then you could earn a nice little 5% commission if you referred ours and the clients booked it - I wasn't saying a wanted anyone to return the favour if I passed on their details if ours was booked. It went down like a lead balloon and felt like they thought I was trying something dodgy?? Anyone on here think that is a good/bad idea?Would appreciate your comments.

Su Kelly

Hi Su,

What you’re suggesting sounds like a good idea to me although it would involve a lot of trust! I have never recommended other owners for varies reasons but I could be persuaded if I was to gain something from it! lol We’re still getting several enquiries but are almost fully booked for this season and fortunately we have always managed to get our caravan booked without the help of other owners!

Andy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Archie&Alfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Archie&Alfie » 6 years ago

sukelly wrote:Hiya,

I have to be careful as I am a newbie on here and not sure how much you are allowed to say or advertise, but personally I have 2 caravans and they are available in the summer weeks (which is unheard of) but I am always happy to pay anyone that passes on a successful booking to me. If I am booked I am happy to pass on details of other owners (I like a nice commission from anyone but it is NOT expected).
Su
Hi Su

We rent ours to pay the site fees, gas & elec and rates, so therefore usually only have to rent for about 10 weeks a year. We constantly have enquiries for other weeks and also pass on other sites that we are aware of, we'll gladly pass on your details and would never contemplate any sort of commission.

I'm sure that someone on here has a website with a link to others sites to help swap enquiries - can't remember whose it is though.

Joel

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

alison
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by alison » 6 years ago

sukelly wrote:Hi Alison,

I notice your ID is a Dobermann - we have 2 of our own too!! Nice to meet a fellow Dobe and caravan owner :wave:

Su Kelly
Hi,

yes Dobi's are my favorite breed, nothing like their reputation. We have had 2 rescue ones over the years but unfortunately our last one Milo we lost to Cancer very quickly and unexpectedly last May (2010) he was only 10 so not that old.. We have 3 other rescue dogs at the mo so cant really get another dog at the moment unfortunately.

His fav place was going to the caravan, he sat patiently all the way down until we got through the park gates when he would stand up all excited.
I was thinking of scattering his ashes but my daughter wanted to keep him at home. At least he got to go down in March last year for one last trip ( we take 2 at a time as 4 in a van was a bit much lol)

I think the idea of paying a small commission for bookings is s good idea. we pass others names to potential guests when we are booked but hardly ever get any in return and my OH doesn't think I should pass on their numbers for nothing. lol If it works both ways all well and good but everyone has bills to pay at the end of the day.
http://i46.tinypic.com/2h2koqg.jpg
Milo and Sam in the field next to our caravan

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Helbelle
2* Member
2* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Helbelle » 6 years ago

Hi all, We're moving our caravan from acle to filby before the new season (I can't waaaaaait!!! Did I say that yet?) I'm looking to let an owners van, don't need passes because it's for my inlaws and they are on my account anyway, in the 4 years we've been here, we've never holidayed together! Ideally would like Saturday 28th July for a week, Does anyone have availability pretty please? needless to,say your van will be left immaculate and it won't need cleaning before the next lot are in x

Ta

H
X

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

sukelly

Post by sukelly » 6 years ago

Hi Ali,

Our caravan is available (Clippesby 4) The weekly price is £550 if you are interested. Link to see it in detail is www.torre.co.uk/caistercaravan.html

Su Kelly
TorreRentals
Caister Caravans & Holidays Abroad
www.torre.co.uk
www.torre.co.uk/caravanrentals.html

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Archie&Alfie
Power Member
Power Member

Hi all, We're moving our caravan from acle to filby before the new season (I can't waaaaaait!!! Did I say that yet?) I'm looking to let an owners van, don't need passes because it's for my inlaws and they are on my account anyway, in the 4 years we've been here, we've never holidayed together! Ideally would like Saturday 28th July for a week, Does anyone have availability pretty please? needless to,say your van will be left immaculate and it won't need cleaning before the next lot are in x
Hi Helbelle

Welcome to Filby :big_grin:

Where abouts on Filby are you going to be as we are also on the Filby area? Unfortunatly our van is booked for that week the only summer hol week we have left is 21st - 28th July if thats any help.

Trisha & Joel

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Helbelle
2* Member
2* Member

Post by Helbelle » 6 years ago

Thank you Su, I *think* I'm sorted,

We're moving onto filby 47 (I think thats the right number!!) come and give us a wave, be nice to get to know the neighbours :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bobtheboat
Power Member
Power Member

Post by bobtheboat » 6 years ago

Hi I am also letting my caravan out only in the summer months, help pay the fees.

bob.plumb@ntlworld.com

http://mycaistercaravan.weebly.com/

Dilham 21

I dont know if anyone else does this but i check out anyone who enquires about renting caravan. i look there address up on google earth and check there property.

just in case they got like dumped cars and matressess outside there home. google there name etc. :big_grin:

I am getting enquiries frequently outside the dates i listed :scratch: so would be happy to pass them on

regards bob

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Archie&Alfie
Power Member
Power Member

My Mother in law does exactly the same thing :lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by springhay » 6 years ago

Ooooo you sneaky thing!! What a brilliant idea!! But just about bookings - I've had just a trickle already but wanted to test the market so asked less than last year. So far no response so just wondered if anyone else was finding this. I know its really early but with so many seemingly booked up already -- so far I've asked 475.00 for summer weeks. Any less and I might just save myself the hassle and see about Haven sub-lets!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , Peter_F , caisterbeach172 , PaulD49 , Gringolee ,

Return to “Caister-On-Sea”