Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Why do Owners NOT TURN their STOP TAP OFF????

Hints, Tips, Advice, Contacts, Problems, Etc. If its about maintaning your caravan, Post it here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 2

Why do Owners NOT TURN their STOP TAP OFF????

Post by Keith » 5 years ago

Why oh Why, do owners go home and NOT TURN the STOP TAP OFF :dontknow:

I'm sitting in reception at the moment and the staff are phoning owners to discuss drain downs and 90% of owners who have booked a drain down and left their van till March but DID NOT TURN THE STOP TAP OFF when they left. :scratch:

I mention this every year and we now have statements from our parks advising us to TURN THE STOP TAP OFF when leaving our vans so that you will be covered by your insurance.

If the prolonged cold spell predicted for next week is as bad as they expect then damage could be done :exclaim: :exclaim:

It doesn't matter if you have booked a drain down or not it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to make sure your STOP TAP is OFF.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Chrissy
5* Member
5* Member

Re: Why do Owners NOT TURN their STOP TAP OFF????

Post by Chrissy » 5 years ago

If anyone is on park now they can turn mine off please as i was coming down today and cant make it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Keith » 5 years ago

Hi Chrissy

The team are doing the rounds turning taps off so I have asked them to do yours as well. (I hope I've got your pitch right as E3-98).
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cliff
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cliff » 5 years ago

I agree Keith. However, I closed down my Van mid-November and turned the water off. Another Owner called me the week after and said that there were lights left on in my caravan. I knew that I hadn't done it, and so I called Reception. It transpires that a plumber had been in my van to check my boiler after a problem on my last visit, and had left the lights on. Concerned by this, I asked my "neighbour" to check the water, and that was on too! (Security switched my light off).
If I hadn't had the call from the neighbour, I could have been uninsured if I had a problem in the forthcoming "big freeze"

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Chrissy
5* Member
5* Member

Post by Chrissy » 5 years ago

Keith wrote:Hi Chrissy

The team are doing the rounds turning taps off so I have asked them to do yours as well. (I hope I've got your pitch right as E3-98).
Many Thanks Keith x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

clarewillow123
1* Member
1* Member

Post by clarewillow123 » 4 years ago

I turned the water off and did not go to the van for awhile. When i got down there i went underneath the van to turn water on and the whole water pipe was missing!
I went to the office and told them, they said there was not anything in the book about repairs or replacements for my van
So where did the pipe go if they hadn't removed it?
Two years ago in March when we opened the van up for summer, i went in the sink cupboard and
it was flooded!
I noticed the pipe had been dismantled and was propped up.
There was no reason at all for anybody to be in my van and there was nothing wrong with the
pipe they had dismantled.
Went to the office then and again nothing in the book about a repair pending!
What goes on there when the van is empty? I dread to think!
Very annoyed actually!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fizzygirl
8* Member
8* Member

Post by fizzygirl » 4 years ago

It would seem that odd things happen when owners aren't on site. Not only was my water turned back on but the kettle had been removed from the cupboard where it's kept and was left half full with water and plugged in. The office could not shed any light on this. It made me feel very uncomfortable and this added to my decision to sell my van.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Chamonix400
8* Member
8* Member

Post by Chamonix400 » 4 years ago

Not to do with turning stop taps off but.......
When our pitch was re-developed a few years ago we came back to find our kitchen drawers had been opened. Why, I don't know. Whoever had been in the caravan had removed the tape securing them and they hadn't been careful when doing it and damaged the surface of the side panel. I was quoted an extortionate amount to buy 2 touch up pens from the manufacturers. Another incident was when we went home for a week and when we came back our door lock had been changed but the office denied all knowledge of doing it because it wasn't in the book about being replaced. It was a good job we had a key for the French doors otherwise we would not have been able to get in! We never did find out why this had happened. We now have a lock on the doors that only we have a key to. The locksmith we went to told us that no other key will fit it. They cost about £20 pounds each and are easy to fit. At least we know that no one will enter the caravan when we are not there.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

seamaster30
Power Member
Power Member

Post by seamaster30 » 4 years ago

You may think your vans are safe when your not around out of season but if you read these "E" pages you will see in fact that's not the case. You need to under stand that you van site has master keys and many many copies of them that are handed to all sorts of people most of which are honest , but its the case that not all are honest i think keys are copied but have no way of proving it. I changed mine after the first 2 weeks after hearing people on site complaining that someone had been in the van same things water back on kettles filled cups left out dirty etc. Each replacement lock should cost no more than around £15 and its only one screw holding in the lock. If you PM me i will tell you how to measure for the correct lock.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

penzzer
9* Member
9* Member

Post by penzzer » 4 years ago

We also turn our water off & open all the taps each time we leave the van and were really glad we had after the late snow storm & cold snap in March.

So we weren't very impressed to find that during the worst weather of the winter, someone had turned the water back con - and had also been into our van and turned the taps off. Still waiting for an explanation from the office...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , Silver Surfer , DJ59 , caisterbeach172 , Nataliedavies33 , Sharindlar , Yoz78 ,