Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Buying at presthaven

All posts on this forum should be specific to PRESTHAVEN BEACH RESORT. Any posts that are non specific will be moved to a more relevant forum.

Moderators: ste, Steve&Liz

Topic author
Hariba1
Posts in topic: 4

Buying at presthaven

Post by Hariba1 » 1 year ago

Hi all, this is my first post. I've visited presthaven a few times and almost bought a van last year direct through them. I found the sales team quite pushy though and decided against it. I'm now considering it again. Can anyone tell me any more about this.....was told last year that there was soon to be a members only gym and swimming pool area. Has this happened? Also does anyone know of any private van sales? Ideally looking for 3 bed DG/CH. Thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Buying at presthaven

Post by Keith » 1 year ago

I have been an owner at Presthaven for 22 years now and buying my van was the best decision I have ever made. :big_grin:
My family and friends have had two decades of happy holidays and memory building.

I'm sorry you found the sales team 'pushy' that is not the way they operate. There are pros and cons of buying privately - have a look at the Buyers Guide.

I won't be on park again until the end of this month so if you are going to visit the park again this month, ask for Joe or Luke and tell them I said they have to 'look after you' If you want to let me have your details, I'll let them know when you want to visit.

I'm afraid the gym and swimming pool are some way off yet. :sad:
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

maggie and rob
5* Member
5* Member

Post by maggie and rob » 1 year ago

Go ahead and have another good look. There is so much going on and you can do as many things as you want to or just spend some quiet time. Lots of great owners events and you will make lots of new friends. We love it. Just wish we could get there more often. Worth every penny. We bought privately. Was hassle free and sales staff were great and not in the least bit pushy. Location is fantastic too. Great coast and inland facilities. Just make sure that you can afford everything and go in with your eyes open. Check out the buyers guide. It has lots of great information. W :wave: ish I had seen it when I bought my first caravan.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tj123
8* Member
8* Member

Post by Tj123 » 1 year ago

Hi there we bought our van nearly 3 years ago now and Louise was wonderful in sales not pushy at all, set out your stall and say you need time to think the team really is great. We gave them a challenge and they delivered. We wanted something a bit older and not to spend too much as wasn't looking to rent or anything and we have ended up with the most fabulous event older van but completely done up inside. They are sales people at the end of the day but I genuinely believe Louise wanted us to be happy and wouldn't have pushed us into anything wouldn't hesitate to recommend her if you wanted a chat there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ste
Power Member
Power Member

Post by ste » 1 year ago

all I can say is get everything in writing whatever sales tell you
this is our 10th season and the barn and gym rumour is older than ancient Rome
pick the pitch and caravan carefully because it'll cost a fortune to move or upgrade...great people in a good spot in Wales. .good luck with your search :thumbup:
a caravan is for life not just for weekends!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Hariba1

Thanks for the replies. Certainly lots to think about. Can anyone tell me about site fees if buying direct? I remember the sales team telling me that you have to pay more site fees if you buy private. Looking at abersoch. Can anyone confirm the fees? Trying to decide as well whether to go for an older van with heating to keep costs down. The newer vans are lovely but it's such a large amount of money to pay out.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ste
Power Member
Power Member

Post by ste » 1 year ago

site fees are £540 more if bought private plus haven commission ..I'm on abersoch and a
great part of the site..as for fees and bills you need a spare £100 a week and more if your vans on finance..good luck :big_grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Hariba1

Thanks for the reply. I'm not aware of haven commission?? Also, as I'm thinking of an older van, what would happen if I decided it wasn't for me after 2 years? As presumably haven wouldn't want the van and I might struggle to sell privately with the site fees being so much. Is it easy to get out of not? Do you know which zone abersoch falls into, is it standard zone for site fees?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ste
Power Member
Power Member

Post by ste » 1 year ago

abersoch have different fees for different parts
as for the van..I know an owner who paid £50,000,site wasn't for them they got just over £15,000 back after about 14month...
the less money you pay out for a van the less money you'll lose if you find you don't like the site

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Hariba1

Wow, that seems like a very extreme case!!
I've read the buyers guide now. If I was to buy an old van and want to get rid of it in a couple of years what would my options be? So for example haven wouldn't purchase because it's now too old and maybe it would even be too old for any private sellers. I know I could sell to a trader if any were interested. But what would happen if there was no buyer at all but I needed to get rid of it to save paying the site fees? I just want to be reassured that I wouldn't be stuck with site fees for 20 years!!
Also, if I buy privately is it the seller that pays haven commission? Can anyone tell me what the rates and other fees are for presthaven? I am very interested in buying an older van but the site fees are putting me off.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , bradders , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , ste , Steve&Liz , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , sovereign , maggie and rob , WHITEHEAD FAMILY , Darren & Julie , Marc & Helen , mevennais , p sands , ebenu2 , Tj123 , bx56san , HappyValley , Natste73 , jamiesinclair , terrymw , Briangoldensun , Neilly75 , Suzyq , The Red Duke , Bez , Sabell , DGM11 , Hariba1 , Cherryade13 , Helen , fredb46 , srbagpuss ,