Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Keith's Visits to Head Office

This forum is for Polls or Surveys on any subject. If you wish to start a poll please do it here because polls tend to get buried in other forums.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Do you think Keith's Visits to Hemel Hempstead are worthwhile?

Yes, I think it's an ideal opportunity to let BL know how we feel and what we would like.
43%
Yes, I think it is, but I don't think BL take much notice of what is said.
46%
I didn't know Keith did this, but I think it's a great idea.
3%
No, It's a complete waste of Keith's time and effort, they never listen.
6%
I didn't know Keith did this and I don't see the point.
3%

Total votes: 35

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 3

Keith's Visits to Head Office

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

Did you know that, for the last few seasons, I have visited BL Head Office at Hemel Hempstead and discussed owners suggestions/concerns/problems etc. with Madi and some of Haven's Management team?

What are your views on this?

If you are reading this post please vote, your opinion is important.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fairyqueen
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Keith's Visits to Head Office

Post by fairyqueen » 3 years ago

Different parks have very different issues and I think representatives from each park should have the same opportunity. Far more people now seem to use the Facebook pages than use the forum, so I feel that the Forum only represents a small minority of owners.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bonjgb
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bonjgb » 3 years ago

Hi all. I do not have a problem with Keith going to Hemel to talk to BL or the view that maybe other sites should be represented. However, my concern is that problably 90% of the sites do not use the forum. It appears that only a couple of sites use the forum and so the issues are all related to those few sites, Site Facebook seems to have taken over. This will fragment the sites and polarise site issues that other sites might not be aware of especially non-site specific issues. I think the forum needs to re-invent itself to sell itself to all sites or it might become ineffective.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

bonjgb wrote:. I think the forum needs to re-invent itself to sell itself to all sites or it might become ineffective.
All suggestions welcome.

I'll try and make any changes I can, but for the forum to survive it needs its members to post. If nobody posts, the forum will die.

The forum is not like Facebook and never will be, so if owners prefer to use FB the forum will fail despite the efforts of the 'faithful few'
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mevennais
Power Member
Power Member

Post by mevennais » 3 years ago

Have voted for the first option but would also like to have ticked the second option.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tj123
8* Member
8* Member

Post by Tj123 » 3 years ago

I genuinely believe that Keith cares a lot, and I and many other owners really appreciate the time spent on both the forum and visiting Hemel. I'm sure they do listen but they will never be able to please everyone so yes it is worth it.

I do think however BL could look at more effective ways of communicating with owners, focus groups etc. to ensure views are obtained from the widest group of owners.

But let's remember BL is a profit making business, we choose to be there customer, we all made that decision. I genuinely do not think that meetings are held to say how can we 'rip our owners off' which is sometimes suggested.

I do believe that the team have targets, pressures and challenges that most of us have in our own roles and decisions have to be made that won't please everyone.

Holiday Home ownership is not cheap, it is a choice and there are many competitors of BL so we all have a choice. That said BL like many other companies have room to improve and I am certain BL would admit that.

I can honestly say every issue I have had has been resolved by BL, sometimes I have had to be firm but they have never refused to listen, and we have had both major boiler issues and had to have part of the floor replaced during warranty periods as well as billing errors so I'm not talking little niggles and they paid up fair and square every time and appreciated my fair approach to them.

With regards to the forum, sometimes I think it can become a bit of a moaning place for something that is supposed to be good in our lives so why don't we all make a new years resolution to post more to keep the forum great and current and really focus on all the great things about holiday home ownership. We are really lucky you know, to be able to have a second home!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by springhay » 3 years ago

Its an odd one this, tj123, but if it werent for the moans and little niggles the forum probably would die!! Really -- its good to get things off your chest, and this is a great platform for that! But of coure its not all moans and groans about van ownership or we woudlnt cotinue to stay.....

Lucky? Most people are using hard earned cash not luck -- which is why feeling undervalued or ignored doenst go down well. And yes we all have choices to beging with....but its how things evolve isnt it? For me, I made my choice not realising that Id have a mud slide to contned with every time it rains....and yes I have asked about gravel and no, nothings been done.

Re Facebook .... I truly think its only popular because many owners were already used to the culture of having this in their lives. And the immediacy of using it with a reply within seconds.....Not to mention the fact that Bourne itself have thoroughly embraced Facebook as a means of communicating with owners.....

Focus groups? Our GM has specifically said that he will never recognise a committee of owners -- so again, its down to parks individually and how they're run. Maddie is good at picking things up on here and usually getting a response. And that in itself is a great step forward from how it used to be But she says herself, she is only the messenger and catn influence policy. Finally the only reasong people seem to be 'banging on' about the fuel deposit is because its a perfect exammple of Bourne dragging their feet and putting a ridiculous time limit on responding properly Thats what makes owners feel like pawns in their financial shennanigins....We will react when we feel like it, and owners can wait until we decide what to do with THEIR money. Just leaves a sour taste in ones mouth....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle
Posts in topic: 4

Post by yorkshirebelle » 3 years ago

Well said Pat
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Steve Morgan » 3 years ago

I'm with you too Pat and I think that sums it up pretty well.

Sadly it just seems to me they like to make the "right noises" when you're stood in front of them. Regarding the fuel deposit, not only did Keith get the "We know we handled it badly" spiel but also the promise of an early resolution to the issue back in June from Sam Mitchell - Hmmmmm. I seem to recall the "loyalty bonus" also reared it's head again before once more (apparently) disappearing without trace. It's VERY easy to make the right noises at appropriate intervals - unfortunately actual ACTION seems to be a lot less forthcoming? :confused:

Absolutely NO criticism of Keith intended and FULL marks for trying - We can only hope they may start to "do" as well as listening and doubtless nodding sagely! You do better than me - I offered to pop in to Hemel on one of my many Business trips to Luton and didn't even get an answer! :rolleyes:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith 2
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith 2 » 3 years ago

Torn between one and two. I think this forum is great and any voice at Hemel hasto be good. Our GM was approached for a site owners association but dismissed it out of hand. I think if each site had an owners association they could feed into this forum!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , bradders , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , beachfan17 , Darshy , springhay , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , sovereign , chrisandwendy , p sands , mummybear , dotty , TforTerry , holiday , Tj123 , Home From Home , allyt25 , HappyValley , bonjgb , Static , jon1983 , net , LisaHemelSupport , Jsims , dingledong , Jabulani , terrymw , Jennieccles ,

Return to “Polls & Surveys”