Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.
I am pleased to be able to bring our forum back on-line. The reasons for me taking it away have not all been resolved, but the situation now is that I am able to bring it back to see if it still has a future. I will keep it live as long as there is a demand for it and that demand with be determined by its usage.

Unfortunately, I am not an owner anymore and it is very unlikely that I will be again, this means that I no longer have the ability to keep the content of the forum up to date and ensure the information given is accurate; that is something that will now depend on the forum members.

The forum will be maintained through Redstick Enterprises, but I will still monitor the forum's function, content and membership applications.

I would like to know if anybody is interested in taking on the role of Forum Administrator and helping to ensure the forum maintains the standards and quality of content set by all our members.

If anybody is interested in the role of Admin, or if any of the original Moderators wish to have that role reinstated, please let me know by emailing hof@redstick-enterprises.co.uk

I am sure that quite a few of you may have lost or forgotten your log in details, and if that is the case, then email hof@redstick-enterprises.co.uk and you will be sent a temporary password so you can log in and set your own new password.

best regards as always

Keith

p.s. When you have read this announcement, you can disable it by clicking the 'x' in the top right corner.

Follow the Bear lost child safety scheme in holiday parks - What do you think?

This forum is for Polls or Surveys on any subject. If you wish to start a poll please do it here because polls tend to get buried in other forums.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Is this something you'd be interested in having around your park?

Yes, this sounds good!
100%
No, this isn't something I'd want
No votes

Total votes: 7

Topic author
freddie
Posts in topic: 7

Follow the Bear lost child safety scheme in holiday parks - What do you think?

Post by freddie » 1 year ago

Hello Haven caravan owners!

Firstly let me start by thanking Keith for accepting me onto your forum. Though I myself don't own a caravan, I work for an organisation which would be relevant to Bourne Leisure and of course the holiday sites by default. It may also be worth mentioning we're already in talks with various holiday park companies around the UK. So, let me keep it short and sweet (don't worry, I'm not tying to sell anyone anything, I just wanted feedback from the real people at Haven.

So the organisation I work for, Follow the Bear, are pioneering a new national lost child safety initiative across the country. The way it basically works is: we set up lost child 'safety trail signs' around the park, which have our recognisable Freddie Bear mascot on them; Freddie has directional arrows on his tummy which kids aged 3-10 can follow to a 'safety station' to be reunited with their parents in the event of them getting lost - avoiding a potentially stressful ordeal.

As well as this, the facility (IE: the park) would sell unique ID wristbands which can be used in conjunction with our 24/7 hotline to be able to locate a child anywhere in the UK. This said, the facility may perhaps want to offer this for free to people
when they buy holidays to appear as a site which care greatly about child safety.

So really, I'd love to know everyone's thoughts on this idea. Is this something you'd be interested in having around your park? Have you ever lost your little ones whilst out on the site? Let me know! I'd also be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
freddie

Re: Follow the Bear lost child safety scheme in holiday parks - What do you think?

I received a question via FB:

Q: I have a 5year old daughter who has been know to wander off (not too far but far enough to cause me concern). You say that your scheme will include signs with arrows directing the child. Where are they being directed to? I'm thinking I'd prefer her to stand still until I found her.

A: The signs with Freddie's directional arrows would lead to what we call a 'safety station'. This can be, for example, a shop on the site, an information desk and what have you which would be manned with trained staff.
Managers we've already spoken to also like the idea of their security staff wearing high-vis vest with our Freddie mascot on them; this allows young kids to feel that security are more approachable than, say, full black suits and walkie talkies. Our signs also have 'no entry' and the like to stop them wandering off into potentially dangerous places/ off site. Please see here: http://www.followthebear.co.uk/wp-conte ... heet-2.pdf

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
freddie

Re: Follow the Bear lost child safety scheme in holiday parks - What do you think?

Q: Could the signs and there meanings be integrated into the entertainment programme or is it left to the parents to teach/explain to their children?

A: Absolutely we could include this in the entertainment if the parks wanted. We'd like to have Freddie Mascot suits going out to parks as well as stuffed toys etc to help kids learn. We will also offer a range of ways to teach the kids about Freddie and FTB when we unveil, we aim to have an animation as well as a song for the little ones.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
freddie

Q: Isn't there anything like this already at Haven?

A: We haven't heard anything about this with the parks we've spoken to. That said, if this were something, I'd imagine they'd have your personal details and what not on (not safe for your little ones at all as anyone can say they then know you). Follow the Bear is a brand new idea with nothing else like it on the market.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
freddie

Comment: My son has downs syndrome and is 6 and always wonders of
the security and staff in the complex no home so when he does go missing they are fab but this would be a fab idea for all children

Reply: Absolutely! We'd also be working with the local surrounding public areas to ensure that kids are safe off site (though we'd also have signs around the exits and prohibited zones indicating not to wonder off site).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
freddie

As a follow up to the previous comment about how to educate your kids about FTB - we just got a prototype in of our cuddly toy (a great way to get your kids interested!). Depending on the final agreements with us and the parks, we could potentially offer these when a 12 month subscription is purchased.

Click here to view stuffed toy!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
freddie

Follow the Bear Lost Child Safety Scheme in Haven Holidays!

Hello everyone!

You might have seen my previous post about Follow the Bear Lost Child Safety Scheme in Holiday parks. I'm sure you all put two and two together - we're pleased to officially announce that we are actually in talks with Haven currently about unveiling across their parks.

One of the questions which has arisen prior to our meeting with them next week is:
Is this something the current caravan owners would be interested in having?
The cost could be anything between £5-£10 for a unique ID Lost Child Wristband and subscription to our UK Lost Child Hotline (as well as a Freddie Bear stuffed toy! Click here to view stuffed toy!). This price is to be decided based on what Haven comes back with of course.

Aside from this, the Lost Child Trails and Safety Stations would be set up around the park and local areas to be used by all. So what are people's thoughts? Would those with kids be interested in purchasing this service? For more info, please visit us on our website) and give Follow the Bear a 'Like' on FB for more news!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Celtygirl , bradders , Steve Morgan , Alexa [Bot] , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Steve&Liz , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , steve n elaine , lhiggonyoung , Whitey , thewarboys , pcorbridge , HappyValley , Tez & Shaz , DJ59 , Jayco8 , Lindsey , Cash58 , Bez , freddie ,