Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

FAREWELL TO CARAVAN OWNERSHIP

Many Owners Sub Let their Caravan either just to cover costs or as a business. Get help and advice here. Post links to sites where owners can advertise their caravans.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
johnturley
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

FAREWELL TO CARAVAN OWNERSHIP

Post by johnturley » 3 weeks ago

At the end of last season after 18 years of caravan ownership, I finally decided to sell my caravan back to the site for a minimal amount due to the age of the caravan.

I did quite a bit of soul searching before coming to this decision, but to be honest myself and my partner weren’t getting sufficient use out of it ourselves, and bookings had declined over the last couple of years (maybe because of its age), and last year in particular I had to reduce some prices to get bookings, which meant that the rental income barely covered the ground rent and other expenses.

The final straw came with my letting to Hayley Taylor who booked my caravan in August of last year, incidentally at quite a cheap price for Primrose Valley, but after spending a week in the van, she demanded a full refund on the grounds that it did not come up to her expectations. To avoid the risk of this situation happening again, I would have needed to spend more money on the caravan, which would have included complete reupholstering, than it was worth, and that I would have been unlikely to recoup in subsequent sublettings, hence my decision.

I may however decide to purchase another caravan on the site at some point in the future.

John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FAREWELL TO CARAVAN OWNERSHIP

Post by Keith » 3 weeks ago

It is always sad when an owner has to sell, especially after such a long time. :sad10:

I'd had my caravan on Presthaven for 23 years when in 2016 a sudden and devastating change in my families situation meant I had no choice but to give up my beloved caravan at very short notice. I would love to be able to buy another caravan, but I know it will never happen. :crybaby:
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , johnturley , Bing [Bot] , djpaulbritton , Cookjan54 , MarionMac , John9 ,