Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Who leaves a vacuum cleaner in van

Many Owners Sub Let their Caravan either just to cover costs or as a business. Get help and advice here. Post links to sites where owners can advertise their caravans.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
HappyValley
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Who leaves a vacuum cleaner in van

Post by HappyValley » 2 years ago

Just wondering :scratch: I mean, of course, if renting privately. I have a diddy little Dyson that is extra to requirements at home, but would be perfect for caravan. Is it a reasonable risk to take, having it for guests to use? Has anyone had any good or bad experiences of supplying one? Thanks, Liz.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

fabiasimon
Super** Member
Super** Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Who leaves a vacuum cleaner in van

Post by fabiasimon » 2 years ago

If letting through haven at all I personally wouldn't leave one in.
However I always leave one in for private let's and tend to find guests will actually use it and leave the caravan a lot cleaner.
Thanks
Simon

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jevo's
2* Member
2* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jevo's » 2 years ago

I left a vax vacuum in my caravan for 3 years then last summer when Haven let it some lovely holidaymaker!! decided to take it home with them, I only let Haven have my caravan in main school holidays thinking that if people pay over £1000 for a weeks holiday they should be half decent; obviously I have been proved wrong it seems even people who can afford that amount of money for a weeks holiday can be thieving scum! now just the basic is left in, I agree with fabiasimon at least with private lets you know who is in there, Haven don't give a s**t who they put in and never chase up damage or theft from customers, they don't need to as they rip off us owners to cover all that sort of stuff!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
HappyValley
Power Member
Power Member

Thank you for your replies my friends. I say it again, where would I be without this forum? Always good advice on hand. Anyway, this is just for private letting only, I will never let Haven rent it out for me again. The answers are as I expected (and hoped) so the van will be Diddy Dyson's new home :hello1:
Just getting ready to go to the van for a few days now, yeah! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :runningdog: :runningdog:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bonjgb
Power Member
Power Member

Post by bonjgb » 2 years ago

Hi.

I have left a GTech battery one with charger (£50 new)in my van.Its compact, fits in the cupboard and easy to use. I have been pleasantly surprised that it has been used and even emptied. Ok it wont do the curtains etc but the carpets and floors have always been cleean even under the beds.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mevennais
Power Member
Power Member

Post by mevennais » 2 years ago

jevo's wrote:I left a vax vacuum in my caravan for 3 years then last summer when Haven let it some lovely holidaymaker!! decided to take it home with them, I only let Haven have my caravan in main school holidays thinking that if people pay over £1000 for a weeks holiday they should be half decent; obviously I have been proved wrong it seems even people who can afford that amount of money for a weeks holiday can be thieving scum! now just the basic is left in, I agree with fabiasimon at least with private lets you know who is in there, Haven don't give a s**t who they put in and never chase up damage or theft from customers, they don't need to as they rip off us owners to cover all that sort of stuff!!
Are you sure it was a holidaymaker who lifted your VAX. Haven housekeeping remove anything which is not on their standard inventory, e.g. vacuum cleaners, mattress covers etc.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
HappyValley
Power Member
Power Member

I was thinking the same thing- they remove every little thing not on the basic inventory. Did you query it with the housekeeping dept?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jevo's
2* Member
2* Member

Post by jevo's » 2 years ago

I queried it with owners staff and they said if it wasn't part of the inventory there was nothing they could do and the cleaning staff wouldn't take it!! they didn't ask the cleaners though, and as far as I am concerned if the cleaners remove stuff from my caravan regardless of the inventory if it does not belong to themselves or Haven then they are actually stealing property belonging to someone else, which is a crime.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

bonjgb
Power Member
Power Member

Post by bonjgb » 2 years ago

Keith

I accept that this is only an issue for Haven sub-letting and I don't know the Owners subscribing to the ratio of Private vs Haven sub-letting but if its not there can you add to your list.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

bonjgb wrote:Keith

I accept that this is only an issue for Haven sub-letting and I don't know the Owners subscribing to the ratio of Private vs Haven sub-letting but if its not there can you add to your list.
On the list :thumbup:
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , bradders , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , johnturley , Bing [Bot] , djpaulbritton , mevennais , ebenu2 , mummybear , Whitey , bandb666 , Koala Services , Tj123 , CoffeeAndBaileys , HappyValley , Marce13 , Silver Surfer , nannymags , sco_ttie2002 , caisterbeach172 , phantom , Jabulani , Lancecarr , BirdieGolf , The Red Duke , Jennieccles ,