Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.
I am pleased to be able to bring our forum back on-line. The reasons for me taking it away have not all been resolved, but the situation now is that I am able to bring it back to see if it still has a future. I will keep it live as long as there is a demand for it and that demand with be determined by its usage.

Unfortunately, I am not an owner anymore and it is very unlikely that I will be again, this means that I no longer have the ability to keep the content of the forum up to date and ensure the information given is accurate; that is something that will now depend on the forum members.

The forum will be maintained through Redstick Enterprises, but I will still monitor the forum's function, content and membership applications.

I would like to know if anybody is interested in taking on the role of Forum Administrator and helping to ensure the forum maintains the standards and quality of content set by all our members.

If anybody is interested in the role of Admin, or if any of the original Moderators wish to have that role reinstated, please let me know by emailing hof@redstick-enterprises.co.uk

I am sure that quite a few of you may have lost or forgotten your log in details, and if that is the case, then email hof@redstick-enterprises.co.uk and you will be sent a temporary password so you can log in and set your own new password.

best regards as always

Keith

p.s. When you have read this announcement, you can disable it by clicking the 'x' in the top right corner.

Texting Enquiries

Many Owners Sub Let their Caravan either just to cover costs or as a business. Get help and advice here. Post links to sites where owners can advertise their caravans.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
johnturley
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Texting Enquiries

Post by johnturley » 1 year ago

This season texting definitely seems to be the prime method of enquiring for the majority of people, overtaking those by e mail.

Partly with not having a modern i phone, I find it very time consuming replying to text messages rather than by e mail, in the case of the latter standard information including a Booking Form, and details of Terms and Condition as attachments, can be sent in less than 5 minutes. I therefore initially ask people to give me their e mail address, or offer to text them mine

Some people however don’t seem to like giving you their e mail address, and continue to text with further queries, one recent lot sent me about 4 text messages, which must have taken a total of about of 40 mins to reply to, and was doubly frustrating because they didn’t end up booking.

Another lot did give me their e mail address and did end up booking, however after receiving my initial e mail with all the details, texted back several times with further queries including:-
‘how much are passes’, ‘how do we pay’, ‘how do we obtain the caravan keys’, all of which would have been answered had they bothered to read the e mail and attachments I had already sent them!

John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mevennais
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texting Enquiries

Post by mevennais » 1 year ago

Sadly John that is the modern world. The modern phone is embedded in their brains and many find it hard to function in any other way. Perhaps its time to upgrade your phone.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
johnturley
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by johnturley » 1 year ago

Yes, I think part of the problem is that a lot of people now just have an i phone, and no longer have a computer, leave alone a printer, and to them sending a long text is just as easy as sending an e mail.

This would also explain why in so many cases, I have to put a hard copy of my Booking Form in the post (with an S.A.E.)

John

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tj123
8* Member
8* Member

Post by Tj123 » 1 year ago

We have to move with the times these are your customers and should you want the business will have to interact with them in a way they want to do it not necessarily how you find it easiest. People don't want to read, they just want quick fire answers to there direct questions whether that be by text, email or on social media, we are now in the days of iMessage and whatsapp where you know if the person you are chatting with has opened and read the message and even indeed when they are typing a response. It's almost a form of instant chat now. Your certainly right about lack of desktops and printers. It's all iPads, tablets and phones! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 1 year ago

I only reply to emails to be honest. I have an iPad which I use with a Kensington keyboard. this allows me to still touch type even though the layout is much smaller!

I agree, people do still ask a million questions when you've said it all.....!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , johnturley , springhay , Unsy , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , sovereign , Marc & Helen , mevennais , mummybear , Whitey , TforTerry , bandb666 , Tj123 , bx56san , kemlo , CF Dave , The Red Duke , DGM11 , sharonperky , cpr0305 ,

Return to “Sub Letting”