Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Me again - site fees!!?

If you are thinking about buying a Static Caravan, post your questions here. Our members have a wealth of knowledge and experience which they are more than willing to share.
You will also find the answers to a lot of your questions in our Buyers Guide.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Jennieccles
1* Member
1* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Me again - site fees!!?

Post by Jennieccles » 2 years ago

Is there anywhere online I can find out what the exact site fees are on particular parts of particular parks? Or do I just have to call the site directly and ask?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Me again - site fees!!?

Post by Steve Morgan » 2 years ago

I'd suspect you'd have to call and ask.

I rather doubt it's something they'd openly advertise. The large discrepancies between Parks (and in some areas on the same Parks) would not I would think be something they'd want in the public domain. :smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

As Steve says you will have to ask on park because of the variation from park to park and within each park. It is also possible that some parks will have 'promotional' pitches with site fees being slightly lower than normal.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Helen

Post by Helen » 2 years ago

I telephoned a park today and asked for price and they told me, I just don't understand the need to add an extra £540 if you buy private : :angryfire:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Jennieccles
1* Member
1* Member

Post by Jennieccles » 2 years ago

Eh? So if we don't buy our caravan through Haven, they add £450 onto the site fees? Even if the payment etc goes through them? Talk about ripping you off at every angle eh?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Helen

Post by Helen » 2 years ago

Yep and that's for each year not just a one off, one minute I am looking forward to owning a caravan then something else comes up and makes me have second thoughts :frown:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Helen wrote:I telephoned a park today and asked for price and they told me, I just don't understand the need to add an extra £540 if you buy private : :angryfire:
Just to be clear, Haven DON'T ADD £540 to your site fees if you buy privately.

The site fees are the same for EVERYBODY, it is just that Haven reward owners who buy from them by giving a DISCOUNT on their site fees.

On the park you are looking at the discount is £540, but this varies from park to park from £540 to as low as around £230.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Steve Morgan » 2 years ago

Hmmm. I don't mean to appear rude, but to me it doesn't matter how it's dressed up with semantics, the £540 may be seen by BL as a bonus for those who buy from them. However I have no doubt it's also there to "incentivise" new owners to take that option rather than buy privately?

They also I suspect see it as a "due" to reclaim lost commision even though they are taking a healthy percentage of the private vendors sale price anyway?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Not rude at all Steve :big_grin: I agree with most of what you say, but it is important that prospective owners understand how the system works.

Many owners have bought privately and the amount they have saved on the initial cost of their caravan can equate to many years of 'lost' discounts e.g. a saving of £10k is just under 20 years at £540 making buying privately a very good option with regard to site fees.
Keith

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tj123
8* Member
8* Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tj123 » 2 years ago

They don't hide the fees at all go onto the haven website and click holiday home ownership then click find out more then click on parks then Choose the park you want then click browse around map they are colour coded by site fees on most Parks!! Looking at ours it is the amount you pay if you buy through haven!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Steve&Liz , johnturley , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , chrisandwendy , mevennais , mummybear , TforTerry , Koala Services , Tj123 , mrsnowman , HappyValley , jamiesinclair , Neilly75 , Kathmorg , The Red Duke , Jennieccles , Helen , lynneed1 , Funkyboy , kieran , Son , Saving-grace , Eileenbi-1 , zero ,

Return to “I Want to Buy A Caravan”