Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

another one of those newby questions but would appreciate advice please

If you are thinking about buying a Static Caravan, post your questions here. Our members have a wealth of knowledge and experience which they are more than willing to share.
You will also find the answers to a lot of your questions in our Buyers Guide.

Moderator: Moderation Team

yorkshirebelle
Posts in topic: 3

Re: another one of those newby questions but would appreciate advice please

Post by yorkshirebelle » 2 years ago

Not a bad van if that is the price!!
But I'm thinking that would be base price with all extras added could quite easily be near £15,000
Depending on ground rent
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by springhay » 2 years ago

Yes - you will then have anotehr 12% commission to pay, site fees, rates, utilities and insurance....it will soon add up. But my feeling is that you will buy a haven van inc site fees (which are just an attractive way to package the van), and inventory etc., Good luck - but keep a clear head.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Macarw
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Macarw » 2 years ago

That seems very cheap to me - I'd be suprised if you'd get that for the price stated, although it may be cheaper as it's a private van. You will certainly have site fees to pay on top of that, and there may be other extras such as steps, tv aerial, gas bottles and connectors, connection fees, not to mention insurance, and other utilities.

The Haven vans usually include the site fees, and if you buy a Haven van you get a discount on your site fees each year because you've bought from Haven which you won't get if you buy privately. So the site fees for a private van will be more. Also usually with a private van you may not get a choice of pitch, it will be sold on the pitch it is on.

There have been a lot of posts in the past saying that the salesmen hook you in by showing you a cheap private van and when you get there much to the dismay of the owners that are trying to sell their vans before they have to pay the next seasons site fees, they persuade you of all the better reasons to buy a more expensive Haven van instead.

It happened to us when we wanted to upgrade our van, we saw a private one which was newer one than ours but the owners weren't available to show us round. When the salesmen took us round we were given a long list of reasons why we shouldn't upgrade to a private van - for us the main reason was they wouldn't take our van off us so we would have had 2 vans and 2 sets of site fees until we could sell our original van, and also we couldn't move the private van to our pitch, but if we upgraded with Haven we could keep our pitch and Haven would take our van in part exchange. We were then shown a van which was more expensive but "perfect for us" sold by Haven. We ended up taking that option as it was far more straightforward than trying to buy privately and then sell our own van privately.

To give you some idea, our 2007 van that we upgraded to last year cost us about £14,000 and that is a 3 bed, 12ft van with double glazing and blown air heating in the bedrooms and bathrooms. That didn't include site fees.

Good luck! Try to make sure the site, the pitch and the van are exactly what you are looking for before you sign on that dotted line.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith 2
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith 2 » 2 years ago

As you are in Southampton have you looked at non Haven sites. We used to be at Weymouth bay and moved off due to the lack of investment and poor entertainment.
Travelling to weymouth on a Friday 60 miles took 2 hours as well due to traffic.
We have moved to Bunn Leisure only takes an hour and longer season and much cheaper site fees. Great entertainment.

For private sale vans look at bunn leisure Facebook private sales.

Worth a look and PM me if you want more details etc...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

apples24
Posts in topic: 4

Post by apples24 » 2 years ago

i will look thankyou

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Celtygirl , bradders , Briggsy , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , pamjay , springhay , Unsy , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , Cliff_Top , Keith 2 , djpaulbritton , sovereign , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , mevennais , p sands , MikeKGS , mummybear , Whitey , tonyking77 , mal , TforTerry , bandb666 , Koala Services , Garthbr1 , CoffeeAndBaileys , Tez & Shaz , Static , PauldN , bottoc , DJ59 , LisaHemelSupport , Peter_F , Jsims , Nataliedavies33 , bigerik777 , braunston , Prouty33 , Bigoldman , Angela ives , Fozzerbear , apples24 , Mrs T , Karenmarie , jillyb , RachelD , allsopj52 , Wig1 , DGM11 , Helen , Gyps , sarahburns83 ,