Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

considering buying on morton mere

If you are thinking about buying a Static Caravan, post your questions here. Our members have a wealth of knowledge and experience which they are more than willing to share.
You will also find the answers to a lot of your questions in our Buyers Guide.

Moderator: Moderation Team

bradders
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Re: considering buying on morton mere

Post by bradders » 2 years ago

I don't let via Haven so others will be far better placed than me to comment.

But the earnings you get via Haven will diminish in line with the age of your caravan and eventually will stop completely when it reaches a certain age I believe. If you start letting yourself from the first year you'll be in control and be able to set prices as you want not what Haven give you less this, less that, less the other.

Here's an example for you. When I bought this van 7 years ago I was charging £650 per week privately. They told me they'd give me £420 if I would let it via them, with deductions to come off that. That's for a week they'd have sold on for £1,000 at the time. Not a bad little earner for them! The figure passed on would have dropped each year as the caravan got older, whereas I still sell a peak week for £650.

Search this forum for more on GLA and the service you get, etc. As I say, others are far better placed than me to comment :-) But I was instantly put off when seeing what I'd get from them and what the deductions are when compared to what I can earn myself. Drill them down on what those figures are 2, 3, 5, 10 years from now. Your ground rent and all other costs will go up by inflation or higher each year but your letting income if via Haven will drop.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

At the moment the cut of point for rental via Haven is 7 years old. Once your van is 7 years old you will HAVE to do the rentals yourself.

The commission they take is 19% + Vat.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TforTerry
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TforTerry » 2 years ago

Hi, I'm an owner on Marton Mere, Have 2 3 caravans and manage another for an owner.
I am more than willing to advise , chat. Message me back if you like or ring me on 07557797416. Bob

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , landy man , bradders , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , springhay , yorkshirebelle , Bing [Bot] , Lynn and Carl , Keith 2 , maggie and rob , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , mevennais , p sands , MikeandJayne , Whitey , tonyking77 , aspen50 , TforTerry , Koala Services , HappyValley , cristivrajitoru , PauldN , wesleyaldred , LisaHemelSupport , Jsims , Chrisxx , jimbo232 , karen1882 , alisonasb , Jan jan , we-three , Stefanfoley ,