Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.
I am pleased to be able to bring our forum back on-line. The reasons for me taking it away have not all been resolved, but the situation now is that I am able to bring it back to see if it still has a future. I will keep it live as long as there is a demand for it and that demand with be determined by its usage.

Unfortunately, I am not an owner anymore and it is very unlikely that I will be again, this means that I no longer have the ability to keep the content of the forum up to date and ensure the information given is accurate; that is something that will now depend on the forum members.

The forum will be maintained through Redstick Enterprises, but I will still monitor the forum's function, content and membership applications.

I would like to know if anybody is interested in taking on the role of Forum Administrator and helping to ensure the forum maintains the standards and quality of content set by all our members.

If anybody is interested in the role of Admin, or if any of the original Moderators wish to have that role reinstated, please let me know by emailing hof@redstick-enterprises.co.uk

I am sure that quite a few of you may have lost or forgotten your log in details, and if that is the case, then email hof@redstick-enterprises.co.uk and you will be sent a temporary password so you can log in and set your own new password.

best regards as always

Keith

p.s. When you have read this announcement, you can disable it by clicking the 'x' in the top right corner.

Buying a Caravan

If you are thinking about buying a Static Caravan, post your questions here. Our members have a wealth of knowledge and experience which they are more than willing to share.
You will also find the answers to a lot of your questions in our Buyers Guide.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
cpr0305
Posts in topic: 4

Buying a Caravan

Post by cpr0305 » 1 year ago

Hi All,

I am wanting to buy a used Caravan for probably either Primrose Valley or Thorpe Park, Does the Caravan have to be purchased through Haven themselves? Obviously through Haven I'm looking about £20k (with the rest of the 2016 fees included) for something like a 2010/2011 ABI Horizon, whereas a purchase from somebody offsite Ive seen a 2011 ABI St David for £13k.
Regards
Chris

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

KateB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Buying a Caravan

Post by KateB » 1 year ago

Hi,

The caravan does not have to be purchased through Haven, but if you buy from an existing owner there will be a 12.5% transfer fee payable to Haven. Some owners pay this fee and some expect the buyer to pay it.

Also if you buy through an owner you won't be entitled to the discount on site fees, it is £235 year at Thorpe Park.

We have just purchased at Thorpe Park and we looked at both new and used. In the end we went for a 2016 Abi Horizon with double glazing and blown air heating. Cost was approx £26,000 including fees etc for this year, but if you go through the help to buy scheme this is reduced by £6,000 and you have to join the Haven sublet scheme so that they can recoup this over 3 years.

We also have peace of mind with a 5 year guarantee as the caravan is new.

Hope this is of some help.

Kate :big_grin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
cpr0305

Thanks for that Kate, very helpful, that doesn't seem a bad price for a 2016 model, may have to take a little trip to Thorpe Park.
Regards
Chris.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Whitey » 1 year ago

A 2016 Horizon on Primrose Valley Holiday Park is £30,300.00
Theyve substantially raided them this year from just over £26k last year.

They're chucking 3 year old Windermere's out at Just over £33k which are a beautiful van and will vastly enhance your holiday home pleasure over the Horizon.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
cpr0305

The 2011 ABI St David I have seen is from a Private Caravan Trader, would this still be able to be put on a Haven Site or would they not allow this?

Regards
Chris.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Whitey » 1 year ago

With the odd rare exception, you have more chance of winning gold in the European Fog Platting Championships.

That said, don't ask, don't get.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
cpr0305

:lol: :lol: Cheers for the reply Whitey, just as I thought, oh well like you say, Don't ask, Don't get.. Worth trying for nothing. I'll keep you posted with there reply!!!! :big_grin:

Chris.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , ste , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , sovereign , mevennais , Whitey , HappyValley , morris-family , diz123 , Neilly75 , The Red Duke , DGM11 , Helen , tommy1656 , KateB , jonwp , cpr0305 , daniellesden ,