Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Drones & Park Rules

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, Post it here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 2

Drones & Park Rules

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

With the increasing use of Drones, I asked BL what their thoughts were regarding their use over their parks.
We are aware of the increasing popularity of drones and the potential implications of their use but there is no blanket ban across all of our parks at the moment. However I can confirm that we will be reviewing the use of drones and are currently looking for guidance from legislative bodies in this regard. When a decision has been taken, I am sure any rules or guidance will be incorporated into the Park Rules accordingly.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Drones

Post by Steve Morgan » 2 years ago

That could be interesting on DC?

The main drone user on Park is the Sales Manager!! :smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve&Liz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Steve&Liz » 2 years ago

I looked into this last year you need to be insured and have the permission of the landowner to fly powered model aircraft, as a keen Aeromodeller I wanted to see if I could fly a small slow electric model plane on the beach but alas no, however I think gliders are OK.
Steve & Liz
The kettle, Tassimo, Moka pot is always on at F37

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

maggie and rob
5* Member
5* Member

Post by maggie and rob » 1 year ago

Has there been any news about the use of drones over the caravan parks? I feel a bit uneasy about someone watching what children and adults are doing on a park. Also I wonder what would happen if one suddenly came down where there are lots of children about. Maybe I am worrying needlessly.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jamiesinclair

Post by jamiesinclair » 1 year ago

i am currently training as a private pilot, and the Civil Aviation Authority have produced this guide:

https://www.caa.co.uk/Consumers/Model-a ... ng-drones/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith » 1 year ago

Keith wrote:With the increasing use of Drones, I asked BL what their thoughts were regarding their use over their parks.
We are aware of the increasing popularity of drones and the potential implications of their use but there is no blanket ban across all of our parks at the moment. However I can confirm that we will be reviewing the use of drones and are currently looking for guidance from legislative bodies in this regard. When a decision has been taken, I am sure any rules or guidance will be incorporated into the Park Rules accordingly.
The 2016 Park Rules have just been released and this is the relevant section:
9. Consideration for others
When not in your holiday home, please keep your dog on a lead and make sure that a responsible adult is looking after them.

When walking your pet, please clean up after them. If you have a dog that’s noisy or behaving badly, for the comfort and safety of others, we may ask you to take the dog away.

Dogs listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 may not be brought to the park. If you wish to bring any animal other than a dog, you should obtain the written permission of the General Manager.

Please use designated areas for ball games and not the space between holiday homes as this may disturb others.

We want you to have fun at the park, but we need to ensure that we keep you safe. For that reason, we do not permit owners or guests to fly drones at the park. Similarly, in line with legislation and in accordance with health and safety advice, we only permit the use of segways, hoverboards or balance boards if they are part of an organised on park activity.

We don’t tolerate threatening and abusive behaviour and we’ll ask you to leave the park if we think you’re spoiling things for others or are putting the personal safety or health of other owners, guests or team members at risk.

Please be considerate of other park users at all times and at night time, please keep noise to a minimum so you do not disturb others who may be trying to sleep.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Celtygirl , bradders , Steve Morgan , Lesley & Alan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , ste , westlawn , crusaderpete , Steve&Liz , Darshy , yorkshirebelle , Julies , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , Duke , djpaulbritton , sovereign , Woodgnome , maggie and rob , WHITEHEAD FAMILY , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , Chamonix400 , MikeKGS , Whitey , mal , bluemoontets , jensensport , thewarboys , TforTerry , bandb666 , louiseandgraham , Koala Services , mrsnowman , saycraig , CoffeeAndBaileys , leelums , HappyValley , jamiep , Tez & Shaz , PauldN , smarson73 , DJ59 , Peter_F , dingledong , Jabulani , jamiesinclair , Briangoldensun , jabba_wokko , Wannabe Owner , Prouty33 , Bigoldman , MKE , Cash58 , Jennieccles , jonwp ,