Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

BOURNE LEISURE - What a bunch to deal with!!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, Post it here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
lordlucan
2* Member
2* Member
Posts in topic: 7

Re: BOURNE LEISURE - What a bunch to deal with!!

Post by lordlucan » 4 years ago

seamaster30 wrote:Good luck Lordlucan , at worst they are dishonest but it's more likely the fact that the sale's people are on a much bigger cut for selling one of there caravans than sorting the sale for your's and don't forget each sales person will be under pressure from there general manager to keep up or improve there figures. I'm not sticking up for them but i am a realist. The whole thing stinks good luck but your situation is not uncommon i have heard of people on our site in the same situation. Maybe a letter to the national press they love an story to get there teeth into.
Thanks seamaster! I am also a realist and expect to lose some money here but I don't take too kindly to being misled and shafted. At the outset, I did bring the issue of BL selling their own caravans once "leads" were put their way. The Park Manager categorically insisted they would not do this as they have a reputation to preserve - there's a laugh for you!!! After our first experience of this promise being breached, we made a complaint to Owners Exclusive at Hemel. We were put in touch with the Lydstep Area Manager who also said this wouldn't happen as their percentage from any sale was also profitable for them. He then promptly washed his hands of our complaint and to be honest, was downright rude.

I'll just give you one instance of BL and their appalling standards. We originally had a "For Sale" on the Lodge window. We had a good dozen people call us directly due to this. Almost every one of them only found out it was for sale after they had been shown BL's own caravans in the immediate area and were aghast at not being shown ours as well. On complaining in no uncertain terms, we were told to take the sign down and that they didn't show our Lodge to interested buyers as it is not their responsibility to sell it for us. That'll the first contradiction in the contract. However, the hardest part is usually proving this. What a godsend modern technology is now that phone calls can be recorded.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

marguerite
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Post by marguerite » 4 years ago

The way round this is for you to go with your potential buyers, that way they have to do things properly...this happened to a friend of mine a couple of years ago...they eventually went with them to caravan sales and private sale went through....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
lordlucan
2* Member
2* Member

marguerite wrote:The way round this is for you to go with your potential buyers, that way they have to do things properly...this happened to a friend of mine a couple of years ago...they eventually went with them to caravan sales and private sale went through....
Thanks for this marguerite! We fully intend to do this from now on. We have detailed follow up reports of those that were originally interested though and know exactly what is going on! Unfortunately we live four and a half hours away from the Park, which has made it a bit difficult. So damned annoying that these people can't be trusted!!

On another issue, does anyone know of a pressure group or similar of Owners who have also been mistreated? It's so obvious that there are so many disgruntled Owners concerned with all sorts of things, that there is a great need for this. Just reading this forum shows that there are some very talented and knowledgeable Owners. BL can easily pick us off one by one. Together it just might be different.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Keith » 4 years ago

lordlucan wrote: BL can easily pick us off one by one. Together it just might be different.
In my many years of dealing with BL I have found the opposite to be true. Pressure groups don't work, BL will very rarely talk to them, but they are more than willing to talk to individual owners and in nearly all cases the issues have been resolved.

When I first started this forum I hit a brick wall when talking to BL and trying to get them to recognise and support it. It has taken few years, but now BL have recognised the benefits of our forum and the fact that we are not a pressure group.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Lloydies
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Lloydies » 4 years ago

We found a buyer for our van & were helped every step of the way in the process of selling. If our buyer had not proceeded the sales guys had several other interested parties as we were realistic with our pricing.
This last year our park put up a large noticeboard on park advertising private sales although our van didn't get a chance to appear on the board due to the quick sale.
We have always resolved any problems with our park staff & GM.
Dave & Chris

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
lordlucan
2* Member
2* Member

Lloydies wrote:We found a buyer for our van & were helped every step of the way in the process of selling. If our buyer had not proceeded the sales guys had several other interested parties as we were realistic with our pricing.
This last year our park put up a large noticeboard on park advertising private sales although our van didn't get a chance to appear on the board due to the quick sale.
We have always resolved any problems with our park staff & GM.
Really pleased for you Lloydies. We took a guideline price from Lydstep Sales Office. After we followed up several leads that had came to nothing, we found that BL were showing their own stock to them. Not a problem in itself. Except when we tackled BL, they told us that the leads weren't interested in our Lodge as it wasn't in their budget price.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Whitey » 4 years ago

I bought mine private and was pre-warned of BL's practices, even down to the "They may try and sell you one of their own caravans whilst we're in the sales office". No lies, the seller actually told me this and was surprised when nothing was said to me. I have to say though, the seller was with me the whole time we were at reception.

Assuming you have been to your parks reception and received your sellers pack and had your offer made by the site, which they will have first refusal on, your next step is to sell it.

As you've pointed out, this can be quite hard to do, as when you sell private, your fresh faced new buyers will have to pay EVERYTHING upfront. It makes no difference if you have paid upto the end of the seasons, ground rent, rates, water etc. They will still have to pay it, upfront, and you will receive a percentage of what you have paid back, working in ninths. I believe, after September, you get nothing.

I bought mine by seeing an advert on eBay. I put in an offer and the seller informed the sales centre. They in turn, then increased their offer to mine and said they would buy it. I then went into a bidding war with them, until they gave up. The van was still a massive bargain compared to those sold on site and I had to pay the 12.5% commission and all the bills upfront to the end of season (I bought in September). A small time after, I received my bills for the following year with the £500.00 extra on top, because I did not by thorugh Haven.

I still believe, and will continue to believe that I took the best option as I bought a 2003, 3 bed, C/H & D/G, 37ft x 12ft van, with site fees to season end for just over £10k. Whilst the best the sales centre could offer me a few months before was a 2006, 2 bed, 28ft x 10ft (no C/H or D/G) van for £16k all in and we are on a really nice pitch, not the sardine tin pitch we would have been offered for by the sales centre.

We have used the money saved to refurbish the van, including some new barn doors, seating, curtains & decking and we're still only just on par financially against the one offered by Haven.

You are quite right to think you'll lose on the van though....... BIG TIME!
Prepare yourself for a shock. I'm not sure how long you've had the van/lodge, but I'd say you'll lose at least half the value, if not a little more, in order to gain a sale.

I enquired to someone who was selling a van their father had bought the previous year, with decking. He claimed they had paid £34k for the van. The problem was, he had not taken into account that the site fee's and decking will have been included in that sale. He was trying to sell it for £27k. I pointed out that the new owner would have to pay all the fee's upfront and by the time they had done that, they could by a new van with 12 months warrantee, sited where they want for the same price. He was fuming!! The ad was pulled and I've not heard anything since. :(

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 4 years ago

You are quite right - my first van was circa £15k about four years ago -- thats what I parted with. In fact the van was worth about £7k (if that!). And thats where the values and prices get confused....as you say the initial price covers everything (least of which is the van). But buying privately does save thousands - you will still be breaking in ten years time even with the extra site fees. The massive advantage Haven have, is the finance....when people who havent got the money to pay outright can access a van quickly, but pay massively over the top in the long run.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

scotta69

Post by scotta69 » 1 year ago

I have been at caister on sea for many years , but not any longer .
Regarding sales of a caravan , my parents purchased 1 for £17500 and after a year or so decided to sell it .
They were put in contact with an 'outside source' that offered them £3500/£4000 .
Now the reason i am bringing this to attention is that it seems to be a scam .
It would appear that the 'outside source' is well known to the site owners , so he would purchase the caravan dirt cheap and then sell it back to / it would then be bought by , caister on sea .
The caravan is then sold on again at a major profit and hired out .
Now i know that after my parents sold the caravan , that it was still sited in the same location and was in use at caister on sea for over a year after being sold to 'the outside source' that no doubt was hired by the team at caister on sea .
Surely such action is un-ethical . illegal ??
I am currently in dispute with Barclays Partner Finance , as i have asked them in writing to repossess my caravan in January 2014 . It is still on site and has now run up 3 years worth of site fees which i cannot , and have no intention of paying .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , bradders , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , westlawn , Steve&Liz , rosiefcb , johnturley , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , jim , sovereign , maggie and rob , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , Chamonix400 , mevennais , mummybear , Whitey , mansel , TforTerry , Koala Services , mrsnowman , saycraig , HappyValley , REDROOFS01 , Jsims , dingledong , Parrydise , Jayco8 , scotta69 , Annie56 , CIDU , Bez , sharonperky ,

Return to “Open Forum”