Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

How would YOU like to see the Privilege Card system work?

Please post all questions and comments about passes here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Macarw
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How would YOU like to see the Privilege Card system work?

Post by Macarw » 2 years ago

10 passes is fair I think, for us that's about the right number, we have 4 children, and both sets of grandparents have used the van in the past. (although most years we don't use all the passes)

I think it would be a good idea to refund any unused cards - we rarely use all of ours, and I agree it might lessen the instances of people selling them to guests.

If owners are caught abusing the cards and selling them on to guests they should be charged full price or more for the cost of the cards they have misused.

Only the named main caravan owners should be allowed to sign in extra guests on their cards. - I have heard that some owners sell one card to their guests and then that guest signs in the other members of their party hence avoiding buying any more passes. This may help to lessen some misuse also.

We're not bothered about being able to buy discounted fun passes for guests, I'd rather let the guests buy them when they arrive rather than have the hassle of having to sort them out for the guests.

We would like to be recognised as owners on other parks and to be able to access the owners facilities and events on other parks - or perhaps just on one other nominated park. Our van is at Doniford Bay, and we live very close to the Burnham park. It would be nice to be able to use the owners facilities there and perhaps participate in some of the owners events such as owner's swim times at times when we are unable to travel to our van, or if we have guests in our van.

I think different passes for under 18's and 18+. If they were clearly different then they would not be able to be used at the bar.

The discount available to owners by using the cards is great, we would like to see that continue, including the half price activity passes.

More standardisation about what an owner's pass entitles the owner to on different parks, - e.g. on some parks the mini golf is free with an owners pass, on other parks you have to use a slot on the activity pass.

We rarely put money on our cards, but as our boys get older it will be good to be able to load the cards with pocket money to spend on their holiday. It would be really useful if we could set a daily spending limit on the cards so that we could load the card up at the beginning of the week secure in the knowledge that it won't all be spent on the first afternoon rather than have to load money on the card every day.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

smarson73
6* Member
6* Member
Posts in topic: 2

Post by smarson73 » 2 years ago

For me, the card system works fine and dont use all 10 in a year and dont rent out either. Only thing i would like, is to be able to use at Butlins.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Whitey » 2 years ago

For those of you who only use 2 cards a year, you've more chance of platting fog than Haven refunding you £544.00 a year for unused cards.

In fact, I'd forget any suggestion which involves Haven either refunding you money, or you saving money, or Haven not getting as much money.

If there's anything they can do for you which costs them nothing or VERY little to do, you may stand a chance.

The whole misuse of cards thing does need sorting out.
By misuse of cards, those who sell their privilege cards to complete strangers who they've never heard of until contacted to hire the van, and those who give customers Friends & Family temp cards. This will hopefully be mostly stopped from the new 2 day rule coming in.

However, Haven need to be realistic and realise that even genuine family and friends to the owner may have to make a contribution to the on going costs of the caravan, as the owner in many cases cant afford to be letting their family and friends use the caravan for free, with the on going costs in many cases being around £100 a week, without taking into account the original cost of the caravan.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dingledong
5* Member
5* Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dingledong » 2 years ago

As it seems the only people who are misusing the privilege cards are the people who are letting g to earn money; then only give privilege cards to owners that don't let out

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Whitey
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Whitey » 2 years ago

dingledong wrote:As it seems the only people who are misusing the privilege cards are the people who are letting g to earn money; then only give privilege cards to owners that don't let out
As you should expect, that's very button pushing, I let out, I don't give cards to strangers.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

Whitey wrote:
dingledong wrote:As it seems the only people who are misusing the privilege cards are the people who are letting g to earn money; then only give privilege cards to owners that don't let out
As you should expect, that's very button pushing, I let out, I don't give cards to strangers.
Unfortunately there are just as many owners who don't let out who misuse the Privilege card system; the misuse is across the board I'm afraid, but it is only a minority of owners
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle
Posts in topic: 4

Post by yorkshirebelle » 2 years ago

We have two vans which we let and we do not give them cards dingledong I think your post is very wide of the mark
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dingledong
5* Member
5* Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dingledong » 2 years ago

But reading other posts your all moaning that it's people letting who are misusing the privilege cards
I can't see how a non letting owner can misuse a privilege card myself.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle

Post by yorkshirebelle » 2 years ago

Easy answer cash in pocket
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Potter8083

Post by Potter8083 » 2 years ago

From reading through this thread I think I may have been misinformed so could u help clear something up, we purchased an 8 berth van around two months ago, I have three children my partner also has three (although one is two so doesn't need a pass) I asked about buying extra passes as our parents will also use the van to take our children along with my brother and my niece, we were told pass holders can sign guests in so allocated one to my father in law one to my brother and one to my mum, are they unable to sign in guests? Is this classed as missuse? We have asked a few times and get the same answer, I felt uncomfortable about this hence reading through the posts and now feel more uneasy. :dontknow: thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Lloydies , Celtygirl , bradders , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , MSNbot Media , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , colin8016 , ste , westlawn , crusaderpete , Steve&Liz , cliff , johnturley , Darshy , springhay , Unsy , yorkshirebelle , Julies , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , Duke , djpaulbritton , sovereign , DaisyMay , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , Chamonix400 , Fishing Widow , mevennais , syko , p sands , lhiggonyoung , MikeandJayne , mummybear , Whitey , dotty , tonyking77 , MrsMop , thewarboys , TforTerry , rigor , jontymo , bandb666 , The2McCabes , louiseandgraham , Koala Services , saycraig , PMC , Locko44 , Peterl , allyt25 , janesone , Christine16 , CoffeeAndBaileys , bx56san , HappyValley , jamiep , tonychris , bonjgb , Tez & Shaz , PauldN , Sunrise , Julie2662 , smarson73 , DJ59 , LisaHemelSupport , Peter_F , Rossco01 , Jsims , dingledong , Chrisxx , jamiesinclair , alisonasb , Briangoldensun , Brian Scotney , deano99 , nikipowell , Archie , redkeech , jabba_wokko , paulatb65 , Tony081161 , sprouty , bigerik777 , Bigoldman , Tessa51 , Potter8083 , david ross , Mattysmum , Fozzerbear , jillyb , bwfc , Jayco8 , Newby , John Burke , Donna_and_Neil , Lindsey , Nain , Louie76 , Bob41 , Cherryade13 , Jennieccles , srbagpuss , stewie3004 , sharonperky , K nicholls ,