Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

How would YOU like to see the Privilege Card system work?

Please post all questions and comments about passes here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 9

How would YOU like to see the Privilege Card system work?

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

If you were asked to help change/update the Privilege Card system for 2017 what would you change?

Imagine you had a blank canvas and could change anything or everything what would work for you?

Here are some suggestions:

How many per van?
What age range 4 - 12yrs, 13 - 17yrs & 18+, one for all ages or any other age range?
What restrictions if any would you put on the use of the cards for different age ranges?
What benefits/functions would you like the cards to have/provide?
How would you word the 'Terms and Conditions?
What penalties, if any would you like for misuse?
Use on other parks?

Please feel free to add more ideas of your own.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Julies
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How would YOU like to see the Privilege Card system work?

Post by Julies » 2 years ago

Someone suggested a while ago (sorry can't remember who) that any unused passes be bought back. I think this is a great idea and it might help to stop the misuse.

Also if they could be used to get a discount on buying funworks passes for guests even if it is just the15%. Would be better if we could buy them at the sun holiday rates but I can't see that ever happening :frown:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 5

Post by springhay » 2 years ago

just out of interest Keith, have you been asked to canvas views from owners by Bourne or is this just a forum exercise?
Because the terms and conditions are flouted regularly no matter how they're written - its how the abuse seems to carry no penalty that niggles a lot of honest owners.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Keith » 2 years ago

springhay wrote:just out of interest Keith, have you been asked to canvas views from owners by Bourne or is this just a forum exercise?
Both
springhay wrote:Because the terms and conditions are flouted regularly no matter how they're written - its how the abuse seems to carry no penalty that niggles a lot of honest owners.
That is one of the reasons for the questions
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dingledong
5* Member
5* Member
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dingledong » 2 years ago

I think if you let and if you own but don't let the answers will be different

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TforTerry
Power Member
Power Member

Post by TforTerry » 2 years ago

I for one, would like to see the following added-
Any unused cards refunded the following year at the same price as it would be to buy any over 10.
The registered owner, only, to be able to purchase normal passes with the 15% discount. Basically booked via our Owners account.
Any miss use by Owners, ie using them to gain extra rental business, will trigger a penalty.

We own 2 vans, have 20 cards and only ever use 2, will be 4 when kids need them.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tez & Shaz
5* Member
5* Member

Post by Tez & Shaz » 2 years ago

I would like to see some sort of loyalty from BL to the owners that private let and let us buy passes cheaper for our guests.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mummybear
Power Member
Power Member

Post by mummybear » 2 years ago

How many per van? = I think 10 is fine
What age range 4 - 12yrs, 13 - 17yrs & 18+, one for all ages or any other age range? = under 18 and 18+. No pass needed for under 5s.
What restrictions if any would you put on the use of the cards for different age ranges? = None
What benefits/functions would you like the cards to have/provide? = As they are.
How would you word the 'Terms and Conditions? - I am happy with the wording. I would just like to see it policed and enforced.
What penalties, if any would you like for misuse? = withdrawal.
Use on other parks? = full use including using money on the card.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle
Posts in topic: 4

Post by yorkshirebelle » 2 years ago

How many per van? I think 10 is fair. Most owners with a couple of children & grandchildren will use these. As will younger couples with grandmas/grandads
If you don't use full quota I can't see anyway they should be carried over to next year

What age range..... under 18s & over 18s

What restrictions if any would you put on the use of the cards for different age ranges?...... None

What benefits/functions would you like the cards to have/provide?.......The benefits are fine would like a discount on Funworks passes for guests

How would you word the 'Terms and Conditions?........No Change just enforced

What penalties, if any would you like for misuse?........Withdrawal of all Cards for misuse
Also for Staff to be more stringent when checking cards (as was posted once before my Husband used my pass to gain access to PV) purely by accident of course

Use on other parks?.....Unlimited use on other Parks including Butlins
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

tonychris
1* Member
1* Member

Post by tonychris » 2 years ago

Hi new to haven only bought my van in August so just getting used to the passes however the one thing I have noticed so far is
1. lack of security on the doors at Burnham during the day so no card checks
2. Most of the time at night you can just walk into the complex again no card checks

I did also see security stop a couple with privilege cards with somebody else name and photo on them. When he asked them who's cards they where the woman replied " They where her uncles cards and he left them in the van and told them to use them whenever they were down at the van" security said "you need to by passes as you cannot use" these but still handed them back and let them in he should have kept the cards

Any body caught abusing the cards should be band for at least a season from having a card and using owner facilities

I do think as owners we should get some form of discount on passes

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Keith , Andy , Lloydies , Celtygirl , bradders , Steve Morgan , Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , MSNbot Media , Yahoo [Bot] , Macarw , colin8016 , ste , westlawn , crusaderpete , Steve&Liz , cliff , johnturley , Darshy , springhay , Unsy , yorkshirebelle , Julies , Bing [Bot] , Keith 2 , Duke , djpaulbritton , sovereign , DaisyMay , Marc & Helen , chrisandwendy , Chamonix400 , Fishing Widow , mevennais , syko , p sands , lhiggonyoung , MikeandJayne , mummybear , Whitey , dotty , tonyking77 , MrsMop , thewarboys , TforTerry , rigor , jontymo , bandb666 , The2McCabes , louiseandgraham , Koala Services , saycraig , PMC , Locko44 , Peterl , allyt25 , janesone , Christine16 , CoffeeAndBaileys , bx56san , HappyValley , jamiep , tonychris , bonjgb , Tez & Shaz , PauldN , Sunrise , Julie2662 , smarson73 , DJ59 , LisaHemelSupport , Peter_F , Rossco01 , Jsims , dingledong , Chrisxx , jamiesinclair , alisonasb , Briangoldensun , Brian Scotney , deano99 , nikipowell , Archie , redkeech , jabba_wokko , paulatb65 , Tony081161 , sprouty , bigerik777 , Bigoldman , Tessa51 , Potter8083 , david ross , Mattysmum , Fozzerbear , jillyb , bwfc , Jayco8 , Newby , John Burke , Donna_and_Neil , Lindsey , Nain , Louie76 , Bob41 , Cherryade13 , Jennieccles , srbagpuss , stewie3004 , sharonperky , K nicholls ,