Hello GUEST
Thank you for visiting our forum. We hope you will find it interesting and useful.
If you do, why not REGISTER and you will be able to access all of the forum features.

Privilege pass (owner pass) mis-use

Please post all questions and comments about passes here.

Moderator: Moderation Team

Mark10
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Privilege pass (owner pass) mis-use

Post by Mark10 » 3 years ago

Steve Morgan wrote:If the staff in our Owners lounge don't know people ALL passes are checked - One between a group wouldn't cut it. Add to that periodic checks on everyone using the facility - Known to them or not.

Sounds like this selling on of privilege passes may be quite rife? Not sure how BL can easily deal with this? I do know though that I for one find this flagrant abuse of the "system" more than a little annoying! :angryfire:

Even aside from the fact that we pay a great deal of money to be Owners and the privileges we enjoy should not be abused, as Simon said those of you who let have enough trouble competing with Haven without other Owners literally "abusing their privileges" and behaving in this dishonest fashion? :censored:

IMHO anyone caught indulging in this practise should have ALL their privilege passes removed for the remainder of the current Season and all of the next! Possibly a bit draconian but I don't think so if we could all end up losing out because of the behaviour of of a few of our number? :frown:
Totally agree ,not much more that I can add.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

yorkshirebelle
Posts in topic: 2

Post by yorkshirebelle » 3 years ago

Exactly as you say Steve any owner found doing this should have all their owners privilege cards removed from them.
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

janesone
3* Member
3* Member
Posts in topic: 5

Post by janesone » 3 years ago

I've seen advertisements by owners on FB rental groups actually offering a free privilege card to any Tom, Dick or Harry!! Other owners I see advertise their vans with passes included and the price for the holiday (off peak) is less than the cost of passes!!! These owners should have all their cards confiscated.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Steve Morgan » 3 years ago

Despite the BL rules on this subject being VERY clear the FRONT of people openly advertising their vans for let with privilege cards astounds me! :censored:

Quite why they feel they should be excepted and/or what right they think they have to put the privileges of fellow Owners who play by the rules (or don't let at all!!) in jeopardy I've absolutely no idea!! :angryfire:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

janesone
3* Member
3* Member

Other owners (who respect the rules) are quick to point out the owners wrong doings, their reply is usually "I'll do what I want" Then send their prospective renters into private message and delete their post. I don't have enough passes for all my close family because my park will only allow the actual owner (not any card holder) to sign guests in. My park has obviously picked up on this miss-use and acted accordingly and I don't blame them now although I was a bit miffed at first lol I would love to give my brother a card so he can sign in his family when they stay but sadly they all have to buy passes as all mine are taken up with 6 grandchildren etc. My allocation doesn't even cover my immediate family if they don't come with us and why? because other owners have chosen to abuse the rules and spoil it for me and my family x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 3 years ago

Hi there, I dont want to open up this whole debate again (about how individual GM's interpret the rules differently from park to park), but it is the card holder who can sign people in at our park as long as there are no more than six passes issued per week, per van.

I dont think this sounds like a result of abusing cards, just one GM interpreting the rules his own way. Swings and roundabouts with family size. Some use all their cards but many owners only use a few.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

janesone
3* Member
3* Member

Further to my comment the other day about owners giving privilege cards to paying guests. I've seen another advert today on FB for the October half term week and I quote "This half term week comes with a free privilege card, you will be able to use all the facilities, half price activities as well as 15% off everything! Plus you will also be able to use the OWNERS ONLY facilities" Grrrrrrr!!! x

Hi Springhay, yes I know its GM's interpretation of the rules etc. This was just my theory (and its probably wrong lol) as to why they made that decision on my park.x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve Morgan
Power Member
Power Member

Post by Steve Morgan » 3 years ago

Pity BL don't reply to the Ad along the lines of :-

"You are unable to advertise this Holiday further with Priivilege Pass as you no longer hold any!"

I don't see how any GM could misinterpret the rules for privilege passes sold on to paying guests? They are quite specific :-

The Card is intended for use only by friends andfamily using your holiday home. Holiday guests
who have exchanged money for the use of your holiday home are required to purchase holiday
guest passes.

Is that REALLY too difficult to understand! :rolleyes:

Just to add to that I've just lifted this from the DC Owners page on the BL/OE site.

Owner Privilege Cards

Just a little reminder that your Privilege Cards are a special benefit for owners and as per the terms and conditions of the card should only be used by owners, and owners family and friends.

If you have private holiday guests using your holiday home they will need to purchase FunWorks passes.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

springhay
Power Member
Power Member

Post by springhay » 3 years ago

No thats absolutely not on!!!!! Surely this owner can easily be traced and informed that they are breaking all the terms and conditions! I think this is something Maddie really needs to bring to the attention of Head Office please.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Keith » 3 years ago

janesone wrote:Further to my comment the other day about owners giving privilege cards to paying guests. I've seen another advert today on FB for the October half term week and I quote "This half term week comes with a free privilege card, you will be able to use all the facilities, half price activities as well as 15% off everything! Plus you will also be able to use the OWNERS ONLY facilities" Grrrrrrr!!! x

Hi Springhay, yes I know its GM's interpretation of the rules etc. This was just my theory (and its probably wrong lol) as to why they made that decision on my park.x
Please post link to the Ad.
Keith

If you find this Forum useful - pass the word to other owners. If you don't - tell me how it can be improved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who Visited This Topic

Baidu [Spider] , Exabot [Bot] , Google Adsense [Bot] , Google [Bot] , Majestic-12 [Bot] , Yahoo [Bot] , Bing [Bot] , maggie and rob , jasper , Christine16 , HappyValley , PN619 , Debzslann , Jsims , caisterbeach172 , Keldanhopton , dingledong , TwinMumRoch , Sanj62 , Potter8083 , markeaustin47 ,